Experimenting / Learning
  • 587 posts
  • Page 27 of 40
elysium5 wrote:
I agree, I really like the style and something different is good. I was thinking it would look even better if it looked a little unwashed/dirtier/roughed up.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Hoodlum wrote:
100% view
Spoiler (click to show)

Tried to rough it up a bit, Added some usual textures..faint sketchy lines and noise..added pavement/cobblestone look to the greyish regions. drawing territory lines was a headache, so i opted for the dotted lines for now.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
:-*
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
sniff...my computer got damaged, and lost everything. 
this is the last edit of this experiment which i had uploaded and tested a few games in the carto test map. 
had changed the territories a bit since the last edit.

100%
Spoiler (click to show)

world inverted is going to be tricky to edit now

Matty wrote:
Why do people not backup things...
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aaronfever wrote:
Hey everyone,
Is there any interest in a map based on the constellations in the sky?

The stars would be made up the coloured circles our soldier count is in, and the territories would be the constellations themselves.
Spoiler (click to show)
Proud creator of the map Battle of the Elements
Hoodlum wrote:
Fantasy Dabbles

9 Kingdoms (click to show)

Elven World - The Dragon Age (click to show)
Cireon wrote:
I think I'm in love with the 9 kingdoms map
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Yeah, it looks really good
JeopardyTempest wrote:
I agree, nice to see a limited territories map with a little flavor (even I love basic geography a ton, the play gets repetitive). Love the rather closed nature of the layout, and the graphics are unique and interesting too. Seen quite a few "fantasy land maps", including things like Pirates Bay and on other similar sites to this. This one is a lot more flavorful to me.
Hoodlum wrote:
remaking some of my old dabbles after losing them.

Tried a Chicago with a horizontal layout (East compass)

Spoiler (click to show)

100%

Navajo Nation, using mountain range.

Spoiler (click to show)

100%
dough_boy wrote:
For Chicago it would be cool to add both airports as neutral and they can attack each other...sort of like New York.
Matty wrote:
A Navajo nation with straight lined borders?