Experimenting / Learning
  • 587 posts
  • Page 29 of 40
aeronautic wrote:
BF for reference (click to show)

100% view

I was trying to work out how we have sea to the north & land to the east for a map on the east coast, then I noticed the compass directions.
A good way to get a good fit on a landscape screen Hood.

Looks good and interesting.

I wouldn't put a bridge as passable, I'd put the river as impassable.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
passable edited in last img posted also found a spelling mistake as soon as I posted. Carrarra to Carrara

yes, this compass will even help me remember. I can never get my bearings on what direction is N/S/E/W in real life.
I actually didn't have a bridge for most of the making of the map, as I had a connection from Coomera Island to Coomera, but I changed that connection, during capitals analysis. It makes more sense to bridge Coomera/Helensvale irl anyway - it's a main highway bridge connection, and there isn't a port/bridge from Coomera to Coomera Island. Didn't realize there was an Island called Coomera, or those Southern Stradbroke Islands belonged to the Gold Coast as there isn't an easy way to any of those islands (no bridges or Ferrys from our side that I'm aware of) unless you owned a boat, as probably many in that wealthy area do. I initially connected the island to coomera because of namesake.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
GC (click to show)

100% view

Forgot about the Nerang river. more bridges. - light blue region value was wrong too..4 to 5
Hoodlum wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

71 territories
Gameplay with mediterranean & world expanded in mind. big map, no scroll, lots of little regions.

numbers = adjacents, yellow numbers = internal territories.

theme, fantasy map of fantasy lands.
Matty wrote:
Not bad
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I like it.
I didn't know there were so many fantasy lands.
I like the mountains, they are very "middle earth" like, although there's a couple of places where they need sorting to stop possible connections.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
filled in any possible gaps
mountain edit (click to show)

100% view
aeronautic wrote:
I find the font overpowering with it being all capital letters. It makes the whole map look very busy.
Hoodlum wrote:
tried a different font. also found a doubled up territory name. Tyria changed to Fairyland

Vique font (click to show)

100% view
Thorpe wrote:
comments about looks...
mini-map is blurred
names are hard to read for my old eyes but not to bad
can not see ocean names
not much to the above items ...just a little bit to them and I think that would be all it needs for me to read them better

95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Hoodlum wrote:
mini map looks blurred to me in the spoiler too, but looks fine at 100% - i gave the numbers a bit more shadow in this edit.
brightened all the labels more too

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

SethHrab wrote:
Weirdness at Fantasy Island and Atlantis, either the islands are mis-sized or the connections are incomplete... leaning towards the islands being mis-sized.

The lake between Camelot, Quewar, and Myrthana just looks odd, and isn't as obvious as it should be in my opinion.

Too much coast in the lake between City of Ember and Spiderwick.. less wave lines, maybe just one or two?

Color choice between Gotham City and Cronos regions should be different, more obvious.
Hoodlum wrote:
actually took off one of the wave lines in latest edit. the connections were purposely incomplete to allow for circle.
Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

Thorpe wrote:
Are you going back to the brighter highlighted names or you just going back a forth to tease me?

What about copy rights on the names? Kind of my Midland map that I had to let go. And we all can not forget the mix-up on my TOR map...guess we better make sure what they all want and want us to say and use.

Tv shows
Books
Books turned into movies
Games

Maybe there is more but just at a glance those are some names I know from the above list.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Hoodlum wrote:
i changed the last image, forgot about the label layer.
as for the copyright thing, i'm only playing around with this map and hadn't thought too far ahead and it depends on the interest if it goes anywhere.
I assume changing the spelling here and there where uncertain, would be a solution. the shape of the map is it's own.