Experimenting / Learning
  • 587 posts
  • Page 31 of 40
Matty wrote:
The land looks so bland, compared to the rough, detail-rich textured sea ;)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
I agree with Matty.

With regard to the use of colours, the way you have made it here is now very distinguishable as sea and land and I think it achieves what you were looking for.
It now looks like the Mediterranean.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
few changes.. added some land texture
psymon noted a spelling mistake. there was mistake of Mediterraneanean (sea label) now corrected to Mediterranean

also had some Iberian Peninsula requests. Extremadura changed to Aragon, Andalus to Al-Andalus, and Norte which just means North, changed to Beira

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view

Edit: Original
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Cireon wrote:
I much prefer this version over the existing one.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
If you plan to replace the old one: I liked the old font a bit better, and the * palestine/israel thing is waay to visible now. It should be a side note, not a territory-importance bit of text.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
closest font i could find for the territory labels. was able to match the title and bonus font style

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
dough_boy wrote:
I like it. I know it is nitpicking, but the little islands out in the Atlantic Ocean all are above the Western Sahara/Morocco border whereas some here are even or below.
Matty wrote:
I like it as well. Nice one Hoodlum B)
Hoodlum wrote:
moved those islands up a bit. didn't know that's where the canary islands were, i thought they were closer to spain. All I knew about them was that's where TP_Knighty lives :)
been there dough?

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Hoodlum wrote:
experiment circle map, arctic circle. bit of a scroller for a small 32 territory map.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Hoodlum wrote:
now it's getting silly :roll:
flat earth, moon mars (click to show)

100% view
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hoodlum
now it's getting silly :roll:
flat earth, moon mars (click to show)

100% view

lol

The Arctic circle map looks decent. But please no space in the background haha, maybe try going for an old-style hemisphere map kind of look?

https://www.google.com/search?q=old+paper+hemisphere+map&safe=strict&client=ms-unknown&prmd=ismvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiZ9pWJ1d_fAhVxt3EKHZ-hDSoQ_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&biw=412&bih=735&dpr=2.63
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

elysium5 wrote:
Not to comment on the style but the concept? Brilliant! I love it!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
aeronautic wrote:
Aaaaah... these are the Moon and Mars from the Solar System map.
That's plagiarism! |)                          ^^

BTW, what's happening with the Med States image update, have you changed it to the new one yet?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.