Experimenting / Learning
  • 587 posts
  • Page 28 of 40
Hoodlum wrote:
World Explored. 4 extra territories.
A modified version of world expanded gameplay..NZ & Antarctica discovered since expanded!

World Explored (click to show)

Click for full view
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Great Idea and all those hours of work to make this beautiful map won't go to waste.

What we're going to see for this is "not another world map!", but nevertheless it's a great map that just needs a tiny bit of tweaking here and there.
I vote for making it. Let's see what others think.

Can you please put it in Map Suggestions and let's see what the feedback is?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
How many can you find? (click to show)
100% view
Explorers.

Christopher Columbus
Roald Amundsen
Captain Cook
Hernán Cortés

[image]
Hoodlum wrote:
tweaking as i edit expanded
some mountain ranges (not for gameplay)

Spoiler (click to show)

click for 100% view
Hoodlum wrote:
rio de janeiro state, seemed like a good width layout for a risk map. numbers = adjacents. 4 player cap positions evenly spaced with even paths.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view
Thorpe wrote:
all but the bonus...smaller bonus for the ones on the right of the map and Valencia has the best placement to win, 2nd is Ilba Grande, but not bad.
wonder how it will play out with good players playing the map.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Hoodlum wrote:
original (click to show)
dabble (click to show)

100% view

before making maps, i had no idea what part of the world i was looking at with med. didn't know the geography well, and i barely paid any attention to graphics back then. I've played med map plenty of times, and I eventually figured out italy was in it maybe after a few years lol. I recognize a bit more now. I assumed this map was still distorted/cheated for cool gameplay. That ship in the right bottom corner threw things off. This dabble clears things up. nothing distorted..just needed a distinction between land and sea
aeronautic wrote:
Unfortunately because of the design & layout, you can't separate neutral land from sea on this map, it makes it look even more confusing.
I don't think there is much confusion in the location of the map... the clue is in the title :P

It's quite close to being a Roman Empire map.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
I like the change, but miss the old font.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
I like the idea of seperating the water from the land, but I don't think this is doing it very well.
The purple doesn't match well with Spain and Portugal. Also the black sea looks really weird with the minimap.

That ship in the bottom right corner is weird though!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
just experimenting. not suggesting it needs changing. probably only me that thought this map was originally surrounded by ocean due to lack of knowledge of the area.
Spoiler (click to show)

100 % view
Hoodlum wrote:
layer over the original. subtle land sea distinguish.
 some shore stuff. few sea labels. outline bits north/south. resized ship close to the red sea label.

Spoiler (click to show)
100% view
Thorpe wrote:
But the ship is still on the land...lol
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Hoodlum wrote:
Latest projects are cities i've lived. First stop, The Gold Coast. This is my residence for the last 10 years. I worked outta town, for 7 of those, so i'm still getting to know it. Good way to learn. Started off just as a reference map, but there were islands, mounts, rivers, and hinterland to use..why not. It turned out to be a 68 territory map and quite a lot of accuracy that would satisfy a local. It's a city known for it's beaches, themeparks..and lately, producing blockbuster movies.

Spoiler (click to show)

100% view