Experimenting / Learning
  • 587 posts
  • Page 26 of 40
Hoodlum wrote:
A few dabbles going nowhere creatively or just killing time, but done with d12 dimensions. Anyone feel free to ask if you want the layers to play with. All my maps are done with a basic paint program. https://www.getpaint.net/
I don't draw, but i can trace and accidently turn it into something lol. If I can make a map, anyone can.

Alternate history

just playing with earth tones similar to NA map.

Berlin wall

made a 3d wall from scratch.

Netherlands

basic outlines

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
giving ww2 axis/allies a go as a suggestion by noxon. will be playing around with the graphics more to try and come up with a suitable ww2 feel, but for now outta ideas, but the basics are done.. looks ok for a nights effort.
bonuses were just jotted down..no calculation..mainly dimensions edit
axis & allies (click to show)
Hoodlum wrote:
yup, ended up using that as the an outline reference as well as another noxon ww2 map which i am guessing was probably similar if not the same as the original d12 one. Added NZ of course :) + thought Hawaii should be included and threw in Svalvard
elysium5 wrote:
I enjoyed playing that as a test map. Too bad it was removed:(
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
aeronautic wrote:
Don't rush ahead with this one, I want to be in on it as soon as I get Atlantis finished.
It will give me an incentive to progress with the artwork on Atlantis.

I have plans on the style & colour schemes and with it not being a 3D map, it will be like a proper WWII style map.
In fact, I put all military maps on hold to go into Atlantis, which then got held up for loads of reasons, but I have tons of Military Map ideas.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
cool aero, looking forward to that.. my last edit for now..just having some fun with it.
100% view
ww2 (click to show)
Spoiler (click to show)
Hoodlum wrote:
found a fantasy map making site. pretty cool.  www.inkarnate.com

attempted to do a middle earth one but that would take a bit of time. ended up making my own one and turn it into a risk style one.

Fantasy map (click to show)
Matty wrote:
Remarks for both that map and lotr: do you have permission from the author (and in case the author is dead, like Tolkien, from the ones that hold the rights)?

The nine kingdoms map looks good, though it may need a connection of some sort through the mountains. Right now it's almost a circle.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
nope no permission. wasn't gonna bother with that, was just gonna do it for fun.
Hoodlum wrote:
mountain pass
nine kingdoms (click to show)
elysium5 wrote:
That is a pretty nice map! It doesn't look like any of the styles we have now. I know nothing about map making but it almost looks a little cartoonish? Would it make sense to rough it up a little? More gritty? Am I making any sense?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Hoodlum wrote:
elysium5
That is a pretty nice map! It doesn't look like any of the styles we have now. I know nothing about map making but it almost looks a little cartoonish? Would it make sense to rough it up a little? More gritty? Am I making any sense?
yup makes sense
Matty wrote:
But, ya know, exactly because we don't have anything like it, it may mean that we should get something like this ;)

I really like the style
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria