• 203 posts
  • Page 12 of 14
The_Bishop wrote:
PsymonStark
The_Bishop
I looked mostly the second picture. Ourense is in a strong position for bonuses compared to the others, and Tarragona too, but it may work like a compensation for being a bit a part though (?). Almeria is weak, 2 ways out only and, well, "2.5" Teruel. For 4 and 5p, I don't know, perhaps there are other possibilities.
Whoops forgot about caps. Which are here:
Spoiler (click to show)
Spoiler (click to show)
Some suggestions to improve them?

So I was thinking like this:

2,4,5 (click to show)
2 cap's = great equality (regions, adjacenties...) double path 6 steps.
3 cap's = not given, I like Psymon's more than mine
4 cap's = very similar to Psymon's but a bit wider with all caps on small region borders
5 cap's = recommended, on-border cap's but not too good condition for conquering regions.
(Castellòn is slightly better set for regions but a bit more apart from the others, it seems fair compensation)

6,7 (click to show)
6 cap's = just what i could find best, Salamanca is different from the others having great number of ways out.
(also Psymon's can work finely but Almerìa should be changed with Huelva)
7 cap's = I think is good: all on border, all with 3 ways out (small exception Aveiro with 4), I recommend it too.

8,9 (click to show)
8/9 cap's = nice placement, well distanced, and I like to include Madrid at least once; unfortunately Euskadi is not internal like the others, but it's reduced to one exit only if takes the region (in case can be moved to Cantabria or La Rioja, but it would ruin a bit the good distances).
Note: it is not bad having cap's with 2 exits only in case of great number of players.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
PsymonStark wrote:
I have checked and added the caps to the map. It looks fine and ready to go, unless someone wants to point out anything.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
Regarding the mountains, I was not opposed to them, I could see the potential that they had for this particular map, however, at the time that I was making alternative suggestions, the mountains were not refined, they overlapped and had no obvious impassable separation, but after Spy refined them, they looked great and very suited to this map.

A nice map Spy, good job !
Congrats guys!
If you haven't already done so, I think you should wait a short while before putting it in Beta to give West Indies a chance at some testing.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
cbt711 wrote:
I love it, but I have loved the last 6 versions. I don't know if it's an optical illusion but it looks like there are a few dark spots at random:
Astrurius - Cantabria border
All of Palencia
Caceres - Badajoz border

It it was a real map, it would look like thumb prints, much more apparent on the mini map. I assume it's part of the texturing that repeats now and then.
The_Bishop wrote:
We have almost 60 games played on West Indies (in less than one week) so maybe this one can start?
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
naathim wrote:
While I'm chomping at the bit to see this come out. I think West Indies deserves a little more time being the new thing on the block. Everything's all set. We can wait a little longer I think. It seems when too many new maps are released at once, people don't get familiar with one before they move onto the next, and then don't return. I'm for delaying a bit longer.
PsymonStark wrote:
Not many people test maps. I don't mind waiting but other maps have been released together without much problem.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
I'm totally okay with it being released to Beta.
Whenever you guys (naathim & Psymon) think it's the right time to release it, say so here and I'll make it so.
Perhaps a contradiction to my earlier suggestion, but I can sense and understand the eagerness.

I haven't seen the completion and input stages of this map, but Psymon was at the helm and I know "no stone has been left unturned".

Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
naathim wrote:
I'm cool with it if everybody else is. Just didn't want west Indies to get short shrift.
Hoodlum wrote:
im cool with it. don't worry about if it is going to tread on my toes with West Indies lol. I always look forward to any new map!
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
Okay, I have placed the Iberia map in Beta.

Congratulations guys.