• 203 posts
  • Page 10 of 14
cbt711 wrote:
cbt711 - Nov 27, 07:12 PM
And just before Aero gets here, I would bet he would suggest you shade the right half of the mountain more than the left half for a very feint 3D look... but since I said it, you can totally ignore it now!

Called it!
:D
aeronautic wrote:
cbt711
I would bet he would suggest you shade the right half of the mountain more than the left half for a very feint 3D look
That is not what I said at all ;)
I said they have to be consistently one way or the other (a fixed light source) if there are shadows on mountains. Basically, if they are utilised then they must be consistent, but not any particular direction.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
PsymonStark wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)
Finally! All set with top down shadows for visual coherence.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Matty wrote:
It's really good. But I see no difference between this one and the previous map?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
PsymonStark wrote:
Quite difficult if you ask me, because it's the same, I reuploaded it by mistake... :|

Edit: I don't know what on earth happened but I don't have that version saved either! :(
PsymonStark wrote:
Not yet. A couple of tweaks are pending, expect something in a few days.
PsymonStark wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

Those long awaited fixes. Including adding subtle noise to mountains, fixing shadows, fixing the colour of the frame, fixing some mountain imperfections, and some more things I can't remember now.
Matty wrote:
Ooooh, it's even better than it was.

There isn't a chance we can accidentally flood Andorra is there?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
TheMachiavelli wrote:
One bit of aesthetic feedback: the names of the provinces aren't consistently placed: some like Salamanca's are placed at the top of the province. Others like Avila's are placed at the bottom. Yet others like Setubal's are placed centre. The same is true for the horizontal alignment (e.g. Soria's to the right, Leon's to the left).
PsymonStark wrote:
Well why not? Added Andorra as a bonusless territory. Opinions on that?

Spoiler (click to show)

Labels are not consistent in any map (in that sense). That adds to the aestethic effect of the map. It would lead to a mechanic aura that wouldn't fit here, in my opinion.
The_Bishop wrote:
Does Andorra touch Girona or not? Why to add it I cannot understand. It looks pretty weird.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
PsymonStark wrote:
Shouldn't be touching by a few km, but could be made to touch both. It's part of the peninsula. We're discussing it though, but it's possible to add it.

The superregion consisting of Baleares, C. Valenciana, Aragón and Cataluña would be fairer with Andorra (6.3->6.6) Having to conquer Andorra wouldn't make much of a difference though in terms of region. It's bonusless so it wouldn't affect that either.
Matty wrote:
I wasn't suggesting to add Andorra, I was just joking
PsymonStark wrote:
Lol, well it was nice for a min.
Spoiler (click to show)