• 203 posts
  • Page 2 of 14
cbt711 wrote:
Yeah lots of youtube videos is what it takes to learn new graphics programs for me. Good on you for trying. It's pretty close to photoshop with slightly less powerful options, and way worse text rendering.
naathim wrote:
With a lot of help from Psymon, here's the next attempt:

http://s1154.photobucket.com/user/drewbrookover/media/Iberiatest_zpsa5d161a4.jpg.html

The purple portugal region will have only three territories and two borders, just forgot to change.

Any other gameplay advice? Still not sure about the region bonuses. Anybody got that formula? I've got it down to the two mountain ranges for impassables.
Clarke wrote:
Are there any rivers or anything else that can be put in as an impassable to improve defensibility? Overall I like it.
naathim wrote:
Yep there's plenty of rivers to wall places off. You can look at the previous version where I had them in, but I was trying to cut down on the impassables to make it less cluttered.

Where do you think needs defensifying?
naathim wrote:
Borders fixed to make regions more defensible, mini map updated with correct region bonuses. Overall map made smaller.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p536/drewbrookover/Iberiatest_zpsccf81d80.jpg
MuzuaneAskari wrote:
If you change the colour of Galicia we would have the Repuplican Flag in the west. I would love it! ;-)
Gato que avanza, Perro que ladra
naathim wrote:
Update: http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p536/drewbrookover/Iberiafour_zpsd24b2bd5.jpg

Think that'll be the final borders. Still going to be mountains up north between the red and green regions. That will give red region five borders to defend. Hopefully by end of next week it'll be looking prettier :P
naathim wrote:
Can we get some feedback up in hurr?

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p536/drewbrookover/Iberia03_zps8e56a9b3.jpg

Colors obviously aren't finalized, though I like the pastels lol, and I still need to figure out how to get mountains from Zamora to Burgos. And we'll have to throw some shading/texture on the land part.

Comments comments comments please. And suggestions for how to do mountains :D
cbt711 wrote:
Looks much much better to me. Need some textures in the land obviously. As far as gameplay, there HAS to be some impassibles. No one will want to play a map where a region worth 6 bonus has 8 borders. Need to cut down on those border numbers somehow, and a river or mountains or some other impassible would help a lot.

PS - Added this to the map queue

The unplayable region is a pit too grainy for my taste. Try to find a high res treasure map graphic in an image search and work off that kind of look if you want to get away from blue / water for the color of this.
For example:
Spoiler (click to show)
PsymonStark wrote:
There will be some mountains locking the North part, from León to Burgos, and from Lugo to Euskadi.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
JamesKer1 wrote:
Nice map. I agree with CBT, impassables of some sort would be benneficial. Are there any more islands? Maybe add a sea route from one side of the peninsula, possibly Granada to Faro, Pontevedra to Leiria, or the likes. Your map, your decision.

Also, the legend is a little discolored. A little bit misleading.
aeronautic wrote:
The biggest problem I can see is the Toledo Brown Region, can be attacked by too many other Territories mostly 3 onto 1 and every single Territory has a non defendable border.
Perhaps there should be river shaped lakes around some of its borders?
You are using the Cordillera Cantabrica mountain range as an impassable in the north, so perhaps use the Cordillera Central mountain range that runs above Madrid and make Madrid part of the Toledo Brown Region, it would be a little more defendable then with Madrid as a locked territory.
The range could start half way over the Avila / Caceres border, over the top of Madrid and half way over the Soria / Guadalajara border. This will make the red & brown regions more defendable as they have possibly the most attackable borders.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
naathim wrote:
Hmmm. I don't know. That's really the only feasible way to do it without mucking up movement across the map or making other regions too defensible. But at the same time I feel like it would make the map off kilter? Maybe too many mountains too close? I suppose the Tagus river flows around that way maybe that might work/look better.

I think we compensated well for the region by bumping the bonus up.

aeronautic wrote:
The red region is less defendable than Asia in World Classic, even though it has 1 less territory, as it currently has 8 borders that can be attacked from 13 other territories.
My initial suggestion was:
"Perhaps there should be river shaped lakes around some of its borders?".
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.