• 203 posts
  • Page 11 of 14
PsymonStark wrote:
Hopefully (if you guys find everything's ok), this will be input and made beta in a couple of days. Unless you find some improvement space :)

For reference (click to show)
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
PsymonStark wrote:
The_Bishop
Edit Cap's

I looked mostly the second picture. Ourense is in a strong position for bonuses compared to the others, and Tarragona too, but it may work like a compensation for being a bit a part though (?). Almeria is weak, 2 ways out only and, well, "2.5" Teruel. For 4 and 5p, I don't know, perhaps there are other possibilities.

Whoops forgot about caps. Which are here:
Spoiler (click to show)
Spoiler (click to show)

Some suggestions to improve them?
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes, I am looking at them. Maybe I have some suggestions. Psy, do you prefer cap's to be on-border or internal? Or you don't mind?
I think you also forgot another small detail, it's 2016 now!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
PsymonStark wrote:
But the map was all done in 2015, just a few things changed this year.

Don't really care about borders, what you think is best, I trust you for these things :D
naathim wrote:
5p caps I have a bit of an issue with. Mostly don't think Asturias is very fair. Not good at cap placement, but Lugo, Santarem, Jaen, Castellon, and Burgos would work as well without boxing whoever gets Asturias in. Like I say, not good with this aspect, so have at it :D

Really looks beautiful Psymon!
The_Bishop wrote:
I want to post my cap proposal but I'm having problems with the hosting site where I'm used to store images. I'm trying again later, sorry.
I know the map was done in 2015 but people will probably see it like a wrong date. Btw, it makes no difference for me. It makes difference for you?

I think a clarification is needed about mountains. I know aeronautic didn't like them and asked for solid or colour-filled mountains. Now we cannot skip the discussion just because he is absent. From my re-evaluation I think they are good as they are. I mean, normally I wouldn't allow drawing style mountains but for this map they seem to fit well. But I consider this like a special exception (like Baltic Sea having no mini-map). I want to know if there is agreement or disagreement on this point please.

(Cap's coming soon, at worse I load images in another site)
Hoodlum wrote:
I think the mountains suit the style of the map, and they are clear to me, this is a typical stylish psymon map, and looks crisp. I had a quick google of mountain ranges in Spain, as i thought these might have been put in here for gameplay, but it looks justified, well done in turning into a game map guys.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
PsymonStark wrote:
I think that the mountains were generally well received, except for aero, who was reticent but not opposed to them. I have reworked them until I can't see any imperfections (almost), and I'm not a real fan of 3d-like mountains myself, nor a master :) In any case, everything can still be pointed out, as I said before.

I like how you (and others) say "I wouldn't accept that, but it fits here". Different things work under different circumstances, it's a nice challenge to find some new ideas.
Matty wrote:
To me the mountains look great.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes, they are nicely styled, congrats Psymoon! Making a comparison with the older version I have to admit I noticed a significant improvement.
Not only the graphic in general but also the ease of comprehension for game purposes, that probably was the main issue.

(Thx @Cireon, I think my photo site is working fine now)
naathim wrote:
To me, the mountains are just a more stylized version of the ones used for the USA map. They fit stylistically with this map, which looks more like an old, hand-drawn style map. Like Psymon said the 3D mountains might not look right with the map.

Lol hood about the mountain placement. That was only like 8 mo. of discussion and dithering on impassables :P

Very excited to be able to finally play on it!!

Hopefully aero will come back soon to give it a final okay!
Hoodlum wrote:
lol yeah, looks like this thread started before i joined the site :) all of a sudden the map came to life again... :)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
PsymonStark wrote:
I'll be frank, I waited a bit more because of the rewrite, so I could use the improved tools. I think that I spent about 1/4 of the time I would have spent on the old site just inputting the map! :D The new cartopanel is great.