Input needed
  • 251 posts
  • Page 6 of 17
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4034/newyorkf.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Ok I just thought you might like this better...since we have not heard from Leedog.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Are you sure you want pink letters on a pink background, lightblue letters on a lightblue background?
Or worse: yellow letters on a light-brown background

I think the bridges look bad - either make really nice bridges, or just use normal connection lines
I liked the old colours better too, and the airports had nicer borders around them

Your texture is alot better though - the old one made everything look like it was a carpet ;-)
Also your background has improved, though i like oceans to be blue.

Also the new map name is better I think
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
all I did was the ocean ...mini-map...texture...and made the colors not so bright.

Since I have not heard from Leedog for a while I did the changes and just wanted to go from there.

I agree on the colors of the texts and the bridges.
I notice the outline of the airports to late.

Just do not know how far with-out Leedog I should go with it ...since it is his first map and all.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Leedog wrote:
Sorry Thorpe been working... I'll work on map today and give a comparison... looks good and maybe we could combine some of the changes.
Thorpe wrote:
About time you came back...zzzzz...
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4080/newyorkkg.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

This is with Leedogs roads

[IMG]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3320/newyorkp.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

This one is without the roads
Pntbttr wrote:
I would keep the roads but lower the opacity on the layer so it isn't so intense...why aren't the roads on all of the territories?

I think the bridges need improvement...they stand out a lot, I don't like that...at the ends of the bridges it looks like the bridges are really far away from the ground or something...I think once you get the bridges to blend into the map a little more it will help (I think you also have a black glow at the ends of some of them I think if you lower the opacity of that or get rid of it it will look better)

I think the colors a great...you could move some similar colors away from each other and maybe change the ocean color a bit.

Ridgewood's border goes through the river...

It almost looks like Englewood and Harlem are touching...you might want to widen the river

I think the text is done

Great job!
Thorpe wrote:
thx ...will look at it...but for the roads will wait.

Yeah the end of bridges need that taken away.

Will look at the river in Ridgewood and Harlem
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/5898/newyorkl.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Ok I fixed the bridges.

The river lines are fixed ...there was more than what you said...but got me to look, so thx.

The space between the territories in the rivers has also been fixed.

The roads have been toned down.

Now for Matty and Vexer eyes!
Leedog wrote:
Thorpe really improved this map!! Sent him a few small changes about bridges and territory colors (Breezy point) is part of Queens in real map of NYC.

I told him I prefer the roads/highway system more pronounced... this is one of the biggest cities on Earth and should have a "busy" look by representation of their highway system.

Butters, the highway system is only represented in the 5 NYC boroughs and Newark... it allows the city/populated areas to stand out from the rest of the territories and also represents population density. If every territory had roads, it might be too much of a distraction.

If there is a majority who want the roads toned down, I can live with that... but definitely want them represented.
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

Nice to see an update of the map, there are however a few things..

- The yellow background is nice and unique and I also like the texture but its too yellow compared to the land, its attracting too much attention. Maybe make it more beige.

- To be honest, I am not a big fan of the colour scheme that you have chosen, some of them are not that appealing and the overall map is very dark (except for the background.) Also the texture is making the land look mottled and dirty in some areas. Not that fun to look at. The roads are standing out too much and personally I think they are making the map look cluttered. I would like to see them either gone and only keep the airport roads or almost next to invisible, or maybe try to make them blend more with the land.

- The bridges still need a lot of work, they lack heaviness and look like weird territory lines..

- The labels look jagged but I know it cant be helped. If you like, I can do them for you.

I am guessing that you are still working on the mini map and the part where you have explained about the airports..

One more thing, can J.F.K Airport attack Long Beach?

And..sorry for sounding mean..

Take care.
Leedog wrote:
Need feedback on roads- Fendi and Butters prefer less pronounced
Leedog prefers pronounced

2 to 1 for less... so far

With roads more pronounced:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/newyorkan.jpg/

With roads less pronounced:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/newyorkx.jpg/

As for fendi's last question: That area was suppose to be an inlet, not a lake, but do to outline blur... gap closed. But since both territory lines are touching, I would be inclined to say "yes", they can attack each other.
Thorpe wrote:
Fendi ??? Heaviness on the bridges? It is a computer map it weighs "0" so what are you talking about? Take a look at the other map that has the bigger[wider] ones on it then tell me .
As for dark and molted in areas...you should see the streets of NEW YORK! Hehehe...will change it.

I can change J.F.K airports line so they do not touch and will.

I do not think you sounded mean...old maybe ...not mean!

But really Fendi your comments are to the point and do not sound mean to me...but I am old and can not hear well.

Leedog you forgot my vote on the roads!....."0" no roads! Hehe
Vexer wrote:
The main reason why i don't like the roads is that they are only on some of the territories. I know why this is but it still bugs me. They make the map look messy and inconsistent at the same time. I vote for no roads at all.

The bridges look like really old computer chips.

More to say later when i have more time.