Input needed
  • 251 posts
  • Page 10 of 17
Thorpe wrote:
sent new ocean layer to Leedog with the layer you like Vexer...
Now we wait.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Everything is really, really bright (especially the airports), but I do like the colour scheme.

You will have to watch out for the orange-yellow combination though
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
See Vexer. Matty says which color he did not like...take the smaller of the two,(like & dislike) and tell Leedog...cause he will change them all. Remember this is his first map.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
I like the blue on the right side of the map and the purple on the bottom left. the blue at the top is ok but a bit saturated. Actually all the ones except for the ones i like are too bright and too saturated. Has pntbttr showed you how to reduce the brightness and saturation?

I would keep the colors i mentioned and change the rest.

Yellow is hard to get right. It has to be dull or tan colored. The yellow in the San Fransisco map is a good example of yellow done right.

Leedog wrote:
Thorpe, tried to match ocean to what you and Vexer sent.

Vexer, tried to use the 4 colors from Africa map on this one and then other colors from other maps.

Butters and Matty, darkened colors and airports again.

Lol!! Out of the 10 or so color schemes I've tried, I personally like this one the best. I think there's a nice contrast with ocean, colors have some depth and all player colors should stand out.

Text on map has changed but not yet complete. Airport text purposely different than the rest.

If the new color scheme is not a hit, Thorpe I need to send map back to you and have you try and see what you come up with and then compare our different styles.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/newyorkwq.jpg/
Cireon wrote:
The two yellow-ish colours in the bottom left are pretty similar, you should probably make the difference more clear. Other than that, I think you did pretty well on the colour scheme. The only problem I see now is that the connection lines and the text is not always visible enough.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Im very sorry - these colours are quite good - but I liked the old colour scheme better. The colours there were awesome! Just too bright.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Fendi wrote:
Hello.

The colours are ok, still need some work but not much. The texture on the other hand is not working out. In my opinion it is standing out too much and honestly its cluttering the map and making some of the regions look ugly. Take the cyan region at the left side as an example.

I know you have worked hard on the roads and they look good but Im not a big fan of them. They could however work if chose another texture because the one you have now goes against them. They dont look good together.

Im sure this has been mentioned before, the title and all the ocean names are blurry, also the East River text (between the orange and green region) is too small.

I agree with Cireon about the connection lines and labels. They are hard to see and read in some areas.

Also there is something weird with the outline that belongs to the dark blue region.

This map looks very good leedog. Just a little more work then youre done. =)

Take care.
Holt wrote:
I like the idea of keeping the roads in the map. What I would do is just bring them out a little bit more so they can be recognized as roads. I would say make them a darker shade of grey I would also make the connection lines that connect the islands to the mainlands darker as well.

I may not be seeing them because they are too light but I don't recognize any connections between the Green Region on the southwest of the map to any adjacent territories.

If you want to make the ocean a bit more realistic what I would do is look at a map of the world and notice how the shades of blue get darker as you move farther from land. I would try that out with this map and see what you can come up with.

The river and ocean names almost look a bit blurry to me.

Im a bit confused on the bonus area on the east of the map. The territories in particular are J. Bay Wildlife Refuge and Breezy Point. I would assume they are part of the Orange area for a 5 bonus but with them offset from the other Orange territories it makes it confusing on the minimap. Only because of the airport in between them. It may help understand a bit more if we name the Bonus Regions and the name touches both northern and southern parts of the Orange region. That may just be me being a bit tired though.

I don't know if it's really that noticeable but it looks like the connection line bodering between Elizabeth and Union Square doesn't connect all the way up to the Newark Airport. I can see a little bit of yellow in between the borders at the top where the four corners meet.

You might need to put just a little bit more space in between the island of East Orange and Meadowlands so it doesn't look like they border.

I think that's about all I have in me for right now.
Leedog wrote:
Hello...

Cireon: The lower left yellow is a little more darker than the middle one, but could make it a little bit of a different shade.

Roads and bridges/connections are still a work in progress.

Matty: Looking at a choice of darker colors or brighter colors... but since ocean is bright blue, feel darker maybe better so they territories stand out and don't blend with ocean.

Fendi: I've backed off roads being a necessity of NYC and may have to have Thorpe try the texture, the last 10 texture have not been a big hit here with members.

May also change title style and see what Thorpe may prefer and "East River" text is smaller due to the limited room in river for text.

Thorpe is going to have to try to fix top of Manhattan, I've tried and can't get right look to match rest of outline (blur factor).

Holt: You and a few others like the roads but may have to go if they keep interfering with textures and colors (some colors they show better, some they don't)

Thorpe originally made dark blue ocean, then tried paper ocean and now seeing what people think of light blue ocean.

J. Bay Wildlife Refuge and Breezy point are parts of Queens in real life and when connection lines/bridges are completed, might be easier to understand they belong to Queens territory

Elizabeth - Union Square line needs a adjustment and the river south of Meadowlands could be widened a little.
Thorpe wrote:
Just waiting for you my friend...fun map huh? lol
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5645/newyorko.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]

Touched up some things. Not sure I like the colors so washed out but then again I like sharp bold colors so My eye leans to over doing it so this time I took it down more...to me it is to much but I have old eyes!
Matty wrote:
I liked the old one better, sorry :S
Leedog wrote:
Thorpe... are you a chef? Saw picture of what I assume is you with chef's hat on?

Feel free to change NYC title if you come up with a better style.

Like new version of mini-map.

Thorpe you discussed making the Queens territory a higher value than "5" because of the lower territories it owns.