*update*
  • 135 posts
  • Page 3 of 9
Votazap wrote:
@Thorpe, i like the textures but you need to redo the back round and get rid of the connection lines and replace them. More thoughts later.
Vexer wrote:
zappy is right. The background isn't terrible but it isn't good enough. I recommend scrapping it and trying something else.

I prefer dashed connection lines over dotted but otherwise i am not sure what votazap's prob with your connection lines is.

your territory border lines are jagged. i wrote you on how to fix this awhile back. can't remember if it was an email or message though.
Thorpe wrote:
will fix them anything else?
and dash lines..got it.
I like to get to this point done...colors and land texture ok?
Game-play ok?
Areas ok?

95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
I dont know about the orange and red region in the corner...all you have to do is hold one territory and your safe I think you need a connection from one of the island territories to the tip of green and also I think you need to move the connection from the green(next to greens) to the purple over to the green(next to pink) to the purple...other than that I like the game play.
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1337/falklandislands4.jpg[/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This link should work for everybody.
Sorry I'm still learning.

Added names. Changed background...fixed the lines...changed the connection lines also.

I will let you know about the connections later pntbttr.
Anybody else?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
names are too small, can't read them. need a larger font size and a black outline. Try Pntbttr's method for making the outline. If you can't get it right then ask him for help.

background is much much better but a shade too dark and too saturated. use the adjust hue/saturation tool from the menu to de-saturate it a little.

Lines look smoother. good job.

The title is no good. The font and size are good, but the white outline is too much/too big and the background for the title doesn't match the map at all.

Sorry for my 'rough' manner of telling you this but i don't have time for flowery language.
Thorpe wrote:
LOL ..Vexer I don't like the way the text is in paint.net at all ...not clear pics. and hard to work with... so I would not mind some-one doing the text or Tell me a program that works better. I just did it for fun on the title to see if I could do it...used a different program then imported just the back ground...
I knew it didn't work with the look and could not get what I really wanted, so I just left it on, but what about the rest...like the game play?
Thorpe wrote:
[IMG]http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6417/falklandislands1.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us][/url]
Had to redo map...so let me know about game play!
Vexer wrote:
game play is mostly good but we can't have the brown region off to the left. If a region only has 2 terr. and it's worth plus 1 then we have to have it so that it has to defend both terr.
i recommend combining it with the red region. Then we would have a 7 territory region that only has to defend 2. As far as I know we don't have a region like that on any map. It would add to the uniqueness of the map. I think it would then be worth 3 for the red region.

This will be a dangerous map for fixed card games. What if someone gets a whole half of the map. It will be easy to defend. That will make the game interesting because you'll have to make sure no one can do that.

Nice job thorpe. I'm pretty pleased with the aesthetics of the map. It's hard for me to come up with suggestions on a map after I have been looking at it for too long. Does anyone else see something that needs improvement? Besides the lines? I wonder if Noxon would be willing to do the lines. It's so much easier to do in Fireworks.
Thorpe wrote:
Yes you hit it on the NAIL.
You have seen it too long...what about me!
Everyday I see this dang map!...LOL
Why do you think I'm asking?
Vexer your comments are a lot smoother...LOL
Papa Thorpe-Trainer wrote:
Yes Vexer you must be learning how to just add a little "+" to your comments.
"Just a spoon-full of sugar helps the medicine down"...Mary Poppins

Thank-you for that!
Vexer wrote:
no, i know how to do it, i just rarely have the time to. My comments on Saturday morning are usually going to be "smoother"