*update*
  • 135 posts
  • Page 7 of 9
Thorpe wrote:
I'm liking that maps texture above!!!!wow
send it to me so I can look at the ocean texture...please.

And about caps your right.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
Map has been released. Capitals are now done. Special thanks for Diddly who helped out with the cap positions. This was a difficult map to figure out because of the dead ends and limited pathways.

Here they are:

http://www.dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/Falkland%20Islands%20Caps%202-5.jpg

http://www.dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/Falkland%20Islands%20Caps%206-8.jpg

This is a pretty fun map for 2-5 players. deathmatch on the map is definitely awesome but we'll have to try out caps and see.
-NoXoN- wrote:
I dont agree with 3p capitsls. Eagle passage maybe is better to move that capital to another region. Hmm as i said before connection should connect port albermarle with north arm.
Thorpe wrote:
Glad you like it and the game play is not easy! Great fun! I didn't know how or what the game play was going to be like and I must say ...
IT'S GREAT!

Still like your connection idea.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
i would like to add a connection instead of change that connection.

I would like a connection from port albermarle to speedwell. i don't think any of the caps would need to be changed and it would fix it so Eagle passage isn't so powerful.
Thorpe wrote:
you haven't already?...lol
Vexer wrote:
it's done now. if it doesn't make it better then we can always change it again
Paddlin wrote:
On the 4 player capitals game, I suggest we move Teal Inlet to Port Williams in the "Stanley" region. The reason for this is that each of the other capitals on the 4 player game is locked inside of a region, meaning, they would not be able to secure their capital region and attack others with their capital. This makes the gameplay more interesting because it requires someone who wants the region bonus around her capital to creatively build armies in another place while keeping her capital strong.
Vexer wrote:
Hmm, well that would put that capital too far away from the others which sometimes is an advantage and sometimes a disadvantage. That is why I put in on Teal Inlet on the first place. I didn't think anyone would try to take Stanley because it has 4 borders to defend. But if from experience you have seen that it is an advantage then I have a counter proposal for you. Move that cap to San Carlos instead. The only problem with that is now you'd have two caps that are only 3 apart. But I think that is less of a problem than having that cap be so far away.
Fendi wrote:
*Proposed Update*

Vexer and I have decided it's time to update the graphics on the Falkland Island Map because of various reasons, for instance the current version is too saturated, both land and sea. The lines look jagged and in some parts are too thick and fuzzy, the texture is pixelated and looks of poor quality (no offense intended when I mentioned why the map needs update, I know this is Thorpe's first map and he did a good job). It is also time to update the map because a year has passed since the original version was released.

I have been working on the new version and have received a little help from Vexer. This is what I have come up with.

Original version:
http://www.dominating12.com/image/map/27.large.jpg

New Version:
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3489/falklandpainted13.jpg

The map still have a some things that need fixing. The title will be changed and a mini-map will be added, connection lines too. It's not a perfect map but with your help we can make it better so please post any suggestions you have.
Cireon wrote:
I like it :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
That's pretty good already.
There still is something about it. I cant really fix what right now, but the land and the background look sort of similar.

Maybe its because they both have a dotted texture (do they?)

Also maybe the font of the title is a bit too clean.

Also, the old map had a very 'rough' feeling, which is lost at this map. The map is fine without that, but it did make it so special amoung all the other maps.

I like the yellow :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria