• 132 posts
  • Page 1 of 9
Pntbttr wrote:
I just wanted to show you what I am working on at the moment, and I would like ideas on regions. I haven't done anything with the texture yet, and I don't know how I will put some of the names on there. I think that I will have to fade them in to the pic like the africa map.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/maply.jpg/
Pntbttr wrote:
I just noticed a really stupid mistake I made I labled London, Birmingham and cardiff as the United kingdoms and then labled Ireland. Would it be OK if I made all of the united kingdom visable by moveing it down on the pic?
Vexer wrote:
Kind of hard to tell if territory circles are going to fit on some of those territories when you upload a 800 x 459 map. needs to be 1024 pixels wide.

the UK is not part of the Mediterranean.
My personal opinion is that a map of the Mediterranean sea should only include countries that border the sea. you can break the countries up into multiple territories to get enough territories.
I don't think that the UK, Germany, Poland, Russia, Iraq and the other non bordering countries belong.

You can do a Europe map instead that includes n. Africa, i am not sure what you would call it though. i think other sites with a map like that have called it Europa.

but you can do whatever you want as long as it looks nice and the game play works. it would be nice though if the title matched what was actually on the map.

It will take a lot of work to get a map like this to meet the quality standards of the site. It is much much easier to do if you have photoshop. The lines look very jagged. and the colors aren't very good.
nanoTek wrote:
aww man i didnt know you were doing europe pntbttr I just worked on a map for like 3 hours. bummer
Vexer wrote:
keep going with it anyway nanoTek. I am sure your maps will be quite different.
Pntbttr wrote:
All right I will try doing just the borders of the sea, I have only worked on this map about 1 hour so it is not even close to done

I think I will try to make it look like a old ripped rinkled and burned pirate kind of map
Pntbttr wrote:
Oh and nanotek that other map is asome it is not at all like mine as long as you stay on that side of the meditrainean sea
Pntbttr wrote:
OK then I am a little stuck on how to make the territories. I could make a map with like 150 territories if I could make the map bigger or the circles smaller. If I can't do either of those I would like ideas on how to split up each of the following (and be able to fit territory circles in them):

Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Istanbul, Turkey, Syria, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco
Pntbttr wrote:
Oops Istanbul is part of turkey

My point is that I can't spilt each of these into thrity different territories. Any ideas?
Pntbttr wrote:
OK I will come up with something. I do have one ? how was 4mygod going to do that huge world map?
Pntbttr wrote:
OK I finished redoing the lines and I made a little back round please comment and please give sugestion on how to make more territories

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/flatenedmediterraneanse.jpg/
Pntbttr wrote:
I am thinking about pulling up a big pic of the islands and putting it in the top right corner and then putting the legend or mini map in the top left corner. What do you guys think? I would also like to know how well the backround is, and if I need to change anything. I also noticed that I left out three Islands (I will add them next). Unless you guys don't like the islands idea I will go ahead with that.