• 132 posts
  • Page 3 of 9
Thorpe wrote:
Can you change the color of the names?...hard for me to see them. Nice map..lots of countries. Maybe put N.TURKEY or N.Tur. cause you have more than one N. and S.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
There are not more than one Northern and Southern Turkey.

I labled France, Spain, Algeria, Libya, Egypt and Turkey like this:
North Western, Northern, North Eastern, Western, Eastern, South Western, South, South Eastern.

I thought I was pretty easy to read. Does anybody else think it is hard to read? I can do something about that.
-NoXoN- wrote:
your map is wow. You can write one R in montenegRo, for me is easy to read and understand names in map ;)
 So this is your first map I wonder what can you do in second map. Good work.
Vexer wrote:
I am gonna need some time to think about this map.. the regions and bonuses.

But i can say now that the text is way too hard to read. like i said before, photoshop and fireworks are the only programs with text options that make the text easy to read. I can do the text for you no problem so don't worry about that.

@ votazap, in the system we will use the names like this: NW Spain, SW Spain, NW Turkey, etc. But on the map it's fine if they are just labeled NW, SW etc.

@pntbttr we can do overlapping region bonuses. If i am understanding what that means correctly. For example in Eld world you get a bonus for holding the islands and those same islands can also be used as a bonus for the next continent over. The problem is trying to explain on the map how the bonuses work. First explain here how you will explain it on the map so we can give you input about whether or not it is understandable.
Pntbttr wrote:
I want to make it so if you own all of algeria or Libya then you get +11 instead of +8. 
Egypt: +9
Turkey: +8
France: +7
and then maybe Spain and Portugal: +6
and maybe the 6 territories starting with Slovenia and ending in greece: +5

I have some other ideas but the are a little more complicated.
Pntbttr wrote:
Are the territories going to stay the way I put them in? I can pretty easily change them. When I made the territories I should have thought about where I was going to put the names.
Vexer wrote:
The territories are fine how they are, I can make the text work as it is. Are they just random shapes or are they based on local regions?

So you have explained how you want to do the bonuses, but how are you going to put that information on the map so that it is understandable and doesn't ugly up the map?
Pntbttr wrote:
No actually I just made them up.

Well what if we made a legend in the top right that gave the same list I gave? What if we did the bonuses in golden wording on the mini map?
Vexer wrote:
Ok, i did some work on this map while pntbttr was out of town. He wanted me to post to get your feedback.

I have not redone the text yet but will do that soon.
What do you guys think about the color changes?

[image]
Vexer wrote:
OK, I have finished re-doing the text for Pntbttr. I took the liberty of making several other small changes too. And I completely changed the region bonuses.

Is there any change that made it worse? Do you agree with the bonuses? Are there any additional connection lines you would like to see?
Are there any errors?

[image]
-NoXoN- wrote:
 Is there any extra bonus if you own both regions in Turkey or Libya?

Bonus for north Egypt should be +2