• 132 posts
  • Page 8 of 9
Hoodlum wrote:
Suggestion.
Spoiler (click to show)
After some capitals study, I think adding a connection between Sicily and Sardinia will give this map better/fairer gameplay with new better options for capital placement between 6,7,8 & 9 players, without changing much of the strategy for the other game modes.
atm, it's chokey for those amount of players in caps mode and this map is recommended for 5-8 players.
Sardinia is a good internal territory to place a capital as it relates to distancing between other capitals, and paths. It just would need that 3rd connection to make it as desirable as the other caps.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
cbt711
I have seen a few 6P caps games lately and never noticed Picardie is trapped for bonus, but no one else is.

This can be fixed:
Picardie to Centre
Extremadura to Andalusia
Illizi to W. Murzuq

Someone want to check that for me? Thoughts? This puts that cap on a border like the other 5. Steps at a minimum held to 3.

Just going through the history of this map..

This is what i had come up with for 6 players cap re-selection also ..
#98 , it says aero changed them?

did it resort back for a reason?
https://dominating12.com/game/create?map=20
aeronautic wrote:
I have no idea why it has reverted back.
It was 3 years ago that they were changed, perhaps it was the time of the migration or the creation of the new Cartographer Panel.
I will change them again.

Okay done again.

There is still the problem of the accents on Territory Names giving an error for 4p & 5p due to Béchar, again I have tried typing the html code to override it, but the program will not recognise it.
We will have to wait until this gets to the top of the programmers ToDo list.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
aeronautic wrote:
In the meantime, it has been stated by a few players that the Mediterranean States map is not easily recognised as a geographical region of the world for those not from Europe / North Africa.
It is easy to say "really?" when you can mentally separate the land and sea with knowledge of the region, but we have to remember that many players are not familiar with the Northern Hemisphere or its Western Countries.
Therefore Hoodlum has made an updated map, separating land and sea.

Please let us know if you think that it is easier to recognise as a Geographical Region and if you think the Map is intuitive enough to play as with the original map?

Here are the 2 maps for your reference:
Original Med States Map (click to show)
Hood's Update (click to show)
Original 100%
Update 100%
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Cireon wrote:
I like the new version. I think it makes the map clearer and more colourful at the same time :)
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Hoodlum wrote:
original (click to show)

title, tad yellow change (click to show)
100% view
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Didn't like the title white. New title is perfect! Good job
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Matty wrote:
I like the new one better.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Wow, those two changes made a huge difference to the map. It now looks well balanced and inviting.
You can now see all the nice aesthetic changes you made to the map.
Excellent job Hood!
Dima wrote:
i dont see any reasons in renaiming andalusia to Al-Andalus. Al-Andalus was a Name used by muslim invaders of spain. today spain is not invaded and therefore its not necessary to Name it Al-Andalus. would be nice if u would Change it back to andalusia.
"vorple: the real strategy comes when you cant just win cuz you got lucky and got the big card stack"
Hoodlum wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I am not sure of the timeframe for the name on the map but the reason for the change was due to a conversation with cartographer PysmonStark, which I think I interpreted his feedback right.

PsymonStark
Historically "Extremadura" corresponds mostly to the region of "Castilla", or Castille. The northern region, is a bit tougher, because of nationalism and controversy, but when the regions of Castille and Andalus existed, some of that piece of land was Castille as well, and the majority was "Aragón" or Aragon in English. We're talking about Middle Ages. But there is too much stuff in that territory to choose a proper name, especially with the current Catalonia situation here. Valencia and Andalus can be ok. Well to be fair, Andalusia is the current region, and Al-Andalus was the medieval islamic region, which decreased in size over the centuries up to 1492. Andalus per se doesn't really exist.

Also in Portugal, "Norte" means just North. Maybe you should use a less generic name, like Beira or Porto, which are regions included in the territory as well.
aeronautic wrote:
I am all for changing the Med States map to Hoodlums update.

There doesn't appear to be any negative feedback for it in this thread.

@Hood, please add an "updated by" signature & year to the image before you upload it & send copies to Fendi and I.