• 132 posts
  • Page 7 of 9
elysium5 wrote:
The isuue has been concluded. There was no reason to post that link in this thread, so in fact you did break your promise to thorpe and you are continuing a subject that is over and has nothing to do with this thread.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
urgul wrote:
ah, i should've posted it here, no?

http://dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=1148&board=19

but that entire forum breaches my promise, so yeah
i never knew posting a link leading to (gasp) (Israel's government) would break my promise...
elysium5 wrote:
Posting that link has nothing to do with this thread. By posting it you are doing nothing to contribute in productive way to this thread.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
urgul wrote:
this all started when i made a complaint about the look of the map.
then pixels jumped to conclusions.
then you jumped to conclusions.
then i posted a link....
elysium5 wrote:
I am not jumping to any conclusions, urgul. I didn't say I had an issue with post #82. I asked you why you posted that link after as it has nothing to do with this thread.
urgul wrote:
(Sorry Thorpe.)
Ah, I should tell you that I have been hinting towards changing the name all along, obviously. I know you guys weren't going to do anything about it (obviously), so I needed to take more action to change it.
I think now I'll PM you if any more discussion is necessary, because Thorpe, and the public, doesn't really have to see this.
The_Bishop wrote:
It is not that I want to re-open a delicate case, but I think that sentence on the bottom right of the map is a bit weird.

I mean, Palestine is a geographically correct name, why should we give explanations for that? I think we should remove that sentence, that's for Urgul only.

In the other side, it's true that the major state represented there is Israel and the other states of the area really have not defined boundaries and they all are military controlled by Israel.

Perhaps the correct name could be "Israel and the Palestinian territories military controlled by Israel" but it seems to be a bit too long.

In conclusion I'm okay with that territory called Palestine; or as a second option you can call it Israel and cut off the West Bank (aka Cisjordan). But in both cases I think we don't need to give explanations.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
cbt711 wrote:
I have seen a few 6P caps games lately and never noticed Picardie is trapped for bonus, but no one else is.

This can be fixed:
Picardie to Centre
Extremadura to Andalusia
Illizi to W. Murzuq

Someone want to check that for me? Thoughts? This puts that cap on a border like the other 5. Steps at a minimum held to 3.
The_Bishop wrote:
I perfectly agree with you!

As it is now Picardie has no control over regions, and Illizi such a good position.
cbt711 wrote:
Thanks Bishop, now how do you change this without screwing up any games? I'm rusty.
The_Bishop wrote:
Don't worry, it doesn't "screw" anything.

We just need some other to agree with this, and one from higher that unlocks the map.
PsymonStark wrote:
I +1 this but can't open the map ^^
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
Tell me exactly what you want to change and I will change it.

Is it just these Cap's to be swapped? Is it only for 6p Cap's?

This can be fixed:
Picardie to Centre
Extremadura to Andalusia
Illizi to W. Murzuq

Has this been analysed for effectiveness and correctness?
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
PsymonStark wrote:
Yep, yep, yep. At least by me, but I'd assume that Bishop and cbt too.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes, confirmed by me.
It's just more logical the way Cbt proposed and distances will stay exactly the same.