• 132 posts
  • Page 4 of 9
Votazap wrote:
let me think... i love the new colors and layout as well as the bonuses.The only negative thing i have to say is that I am not a huge fan of the backround color. maybe a dark blue???? Thats just me, you guys can decide what you want. BUT FANTASTIC JOB PNTBTTR AND VEXER!!!
-NoXoN- wrote:
 Is there any extra bonus if you own both regions in Turkey or Libya?

Bonus for north Egypt should be +2
ikenslay wrote:
Perhaps there could be one or two more connections across the sea (NE Libya to SW Turkey), but other than that, I think it looks freaking awesome. Great work!
Paddlin wrote:
This map appears to have several bottle necks. Not sure how that will work out.

Capital Suggestions:

2 player capital game: France (S) v. Turkey (E)

3 player capital game: Libya (N) v. Spain (E) v. Turkey (W)

4 player capital game: Algeria (W) v. Egypt (N) v. Spain (N) v. Turkey (N)

5 player capital game: Italy (S) v. Algeria (W) v. Egypt (N) v. Spain (N) v. Turkey (N)

6 player capital game: France (N) v. Italy (S) v. Algeria (W) v. Egypt (N) v. Spain (N) v. Turkey (N)

7 player capital game: Libya (N) v. France (N) v. Italy (S) v. Algeria (W) v. Egypt (N) v. Spain (N) v. Turkey (N)

8 player capital game: Algeria (N) v. Libya (SW) v. France (N) v. Italy (S) v. Algeria (W) v. Egypt (N) v. Spain (N) v. Turkey (N)
Vexer wrote:
First and foremost, thank you, thank you, thank you to Paddlin. We definitely needed help getting the capitals figured out. I love it when people step up and contribute rather than just consume consume consume.

I will take a look at your suggestions later, they may need slight modification because I like ikenslays idea of adding a connection. However I think that the connection should be from NE Libya to Greece instead of NE Libya to SW Turkey. West Turkey is already hard enough to defend.

@noxon, we thought about making an extra bonus for owning of all say Libya but it was hard to think of a way to tell users that on the map itself. Also, it would give France a huge advantage if there was an extra bonus.

Speaking of France, with South France being worth 2, it becomes too much of an advantage because if you hold all of France then you get +5 while only having to defend 2 territories. So I will change the bonus for South France to 1. I will also take Noxon's suggestion and change the bonus for N. Egypt to +2. If it's not right, we can easily change something like that later.

@votazap, I was not a fan of the background color at first either, but it grew on me. I modified the colors of the territories to go with the background so I think we are going to keep it. That being said, pntbttr, you are welcome to change the background at any time in the future if you make an improvement. For now, we will go ahead with it as is.

I was pleasantly surprised by all the useful feedback. There had been a shortage of it. Thank you all.
Vexer wrote:
ok, i have updated the map using the suggestions. go back to page 3 and hit refresh to see the changes. Paddlin, do any of the changes affect your capitals suggestions?
Paddlin wrote:
Perhaps the 5 player caps for Italy, but I think the changes actually made the capital placements better. I like the connections you made.
Vexer wrote:
I haven't had time to look at all of them yet but i did notice that the 3p cap positions don't work anymore. N. Libya and West Turkey are now only 3 moves away from each other while the other cap is much farther away.

I forgot to post this earlier but there are some connections that may not be clear. I will list them here and please tell me if any of them need a line to clarify that they connect.

Greece connects to NW, W, and SW Turkey,
NE Egypt connects to E Egypt,
and N Morocco to S Spain

I didn't make lines from Greece to W and SW Turkey because it was too messy with all those islands there.
Vexer wrote:
OK i had some time to evaluate Paddlin's suggestions for caps. I had to change 3 and 4p because of the new connection, but 5-8p was pretty good. I started off with his suggestion and just moved a couple of caps over one territory to better balance the distances between caps. His 2p worked but i like my idea better. It took a lot less time to do this thanks to Paddlin's ground work.

2p: SE Turkey, S. Spain
3p: S. Italy, SE Algeria, E. Egypt
4p: S. Italy, W. Algeria, E. Egypt, SE Turkey
5p: S. Italy, W. Algeria, N. Egypt, SE Turkey, N. Spain
6p: S. Italy, SE Algeria, N. Egypt, SE Turkey, W. Spain, N. France
7p: S. Italy, SW Algeria, E. Egypt, SE Turkey, N. Spain, N. France, NW Libya
8p: S. Italy, SW Algeria, N. Egypt, N. Turkey, N. Spain, N. France, S. Libya, N. Algeria

In 5p caps S. Italy will definitely have an advantage because it's in close proximity to all the other caps. On the other hand it is potentially simultaneously a disadvantage because all the other players can easily kill you too.