• 132 posts
  • Page 2 of 9
Vexer wrote:
Nice work Pntbttr! this has so much more potential then the first image you put up.

I like the idea of having a blown up pic of the islands in the upper right corner though I am not sure how to make it work with making the connections to the rest of them. Hopefully you'll figure it out though.

The color in the background is too strong. Try adjusting the hue/saturation .. reduce the saturation a little bit.

I can tell a difference in the thickness of the border between the majority of the countries and 3 small islands. Did you find this outline online and then add the islands yourself?

I really hope that you can get at least 42 territories out of this.
Pntbttr wrote:
I will work on it. When I get back to you I am hoping to have the backround better, add the zoom up thingy to the top right corner, add the three missing islands, add the names, make region bonuses and possible add the mini map.
Votazap wrote:
First off let me say LOOKS FANTASTIC!!

Secondly i do think it needs a couple more territories
Votazap wrote:
I think you smashed too many territories together in the orange and smaller brown regions and made the names too small,but great job,its certainly coming along
Pntbttr wrote:
sorry Yoda you'll have to live with the smashed together territories. Otherwise I don't have enough territories. I will give you more territories in the top right corner (the greek islands).
Vexer wrote:
I think that the map is a little too dark. And the text is pretty hard to read. I can help fix that for the final product using photoshop.

Also, it needs a lot more territories. Adding the islands won't be enough. you can consider dividing up some of the larger countries. for example spain could be broken up into regions like northern spain, western, southern, eastern etc. To make the text fit better you could label it N Spain, S Spain or NW Spain or however you break it up.

Are you using accurate political names and boundaries that are up to date? I know there have been changes over that last couple decades over there somewhere. and I know that people get upset if their country is lumped in with certain other countries.
Pntbttr wrote:
I think that I am using up to date names and boundaries and if I am not then its really close. I will lighten it up a little try to make the reading a little easier and add the islands (which there are enough islands), then I will get back to you. There will be a total of 46 territories when I am done.
Vexer wrote:
46 is a good number. i just didn't see how you could fit that many more territory circles in the box in the upper right.
Pntbttr wrote:
Well I deicided that I would cut the bottom of the map off (the part I don't really need. I also deicided that I didn't need that horrible looking thing that the mini map was on.
Pntbttr wrote:
I kinda messed up I thought I had enough room but I was a little off. I think I will go with the idea of north west east south for the bigger territories. I will make the Greek Islands a whole other map.
Pntbttr wrote:
If we can do over laping region bonuses then I want to make that happen for the same colored areas.
Pntbttr wrote:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/mediterraneanseamapfini.jpg/

OK this is the last verzion.

Caps:
8p
Southern Algeria, South Eastern Libya, South Eastern Egypt, Northern France, Sothern Italy, Sardegna, Western Turkey, Cyprus

OK people help me out with the caps. I don't have enough time to do it today.