• 132 posts
  • Page 5 of 9
-NoXoN- wrote:
WINNER AS THE FAVORITE MAP

[image]
urgul wrote:
i think someone (i dont know who changes the map) should change 'palestine' to israel. israel is the real country there. palestine is just two tiny enclaves cut out of israel by force.
Vexer wrote:
You are referring to the State of Palestine. This map is referring to the Region of Palestine.

From wikipedia:
Palestine is a geographic region in Western Asia between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River. It is sometimes considered to include adjoining territories. Boundaries of the region have changed throughout history, and were last defined in modern times by the Franco-British boundary agreement (1920) and the Transjordan memorandum of 16 September 1922, during the mandate period. Today, the region comprises the State of Israel and the Palestinian territories.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine
This article is about the historical geographic region. For the sovereign state (country), see State of Palestine. For the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, see Palestinian territories.
Vexer wrote:
I have updated the map with an asterisk next to Palestine and words on the bottom that say *Historical Geographic region, not the State of Palestine.

View this and hit refresh:
http://www.dominating12.com/image/map/20.large.jpg
bismuth wrote:
I think portugal should be removed. It does not border the Mediterranean.
lifeinpixels wrote:
Well, let's not get technical here. Over half these states don't border the mediterranean. However, it was named "Mediterranean States" because this is the Mediterranean region. They don't all need to physically touch.
urgul wrote:
what about israel? it borders the medditiareanian.
also, thats the modern day country there.
lifeinpixels wrote:
I don't know why you're reviving this resolved topic, and I don't think we should continue to debate it. Vexer game good reasons; if you don't remember them just look back a few posts.
urgul wrote:
yes, but there is a territory called 'morrocco' on the map. i was satisfied before, until i realized that this map is totally wrong in every way. after all, morrocco was created only 8 years after israel. if this is a 'historical' map, then why is a country that was founded in 1956 on the map?
I thought this was a "historical" map. thats why it wasnt changed to israel. also, croatia was created in 1991. israel was created before that. if its not changed to israel, then technically shouldn't croatia be changed? just saying.
if you dont think israel is a real country, think again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_government
lifeinpixels wrote:
Urgul if you had taken my advice and read above, you would have found that this map is not named by countries. Sure, there are some country names, but most are not.

Not only that, but the land of Israel has been called Palestine for thousands upon thousands of years. So it's not an unfair name.

Thirdly, if we do change it, there will be people who argue against naming it Israel. This is a very complex political issue which this site does not need to get involved in. That would create more problems that it this map is worth. That's why we have the disclaimer at the bottom of the map.

If you do not like this map the way it is, you do not need to play it. We have plenty of others which offer excellent gameplay. Hope you don't take this personally, have fun, and see you on the battle field :)
scaldwell17 wrote:
I hope you guys recognize Bismuth was trolling. And succeeded. Best to drop it at this point.