• 132 posts
  • Page 6 of 9
Vexer wrote:
Urgul you are totally missing the point. This is getting very frustrating for me. Please try and understand what I am about to write.

You can't call it Israel because the way the territory was drawn it includes more than just Israel. Therefore it needs a name that applies to the whole area.

Compare it to the territory named FGI on the world expanded map. You can't call it France, you can't call it Germany and you can't call it Italy because the territory represents all 3 places. So we made up an abbreviation to name the territory.

This has nothing to do with whether or not the map is historical or modern. It is neither. The lines were drawn for game play. It's impossible to have a map that has both Israel and the Palestinian States as separate territories because the Palestinian States are far too small. Therefore they must be combined and must have a name that can represent the entire land. And as we have stated before, that land has been called Palestine for thousands of years.

This is a risk map, not a political map and not a historical map. For a risk map to work there must be compromises. Look at the United States map. does it have 50 territories? No, it has 43. Are you going to complain that the map is inaccurate because there are only 43 territories? It's a Risk map nothing more. So stop expecting accuracy.

I hope you can sense the frustration in my tone and do us all a favor and drop the subject. I don't want to hear about it anymore.
bismuth wrote:
I wasn't trolling. Every other country represented borders the Mediterranean.
urgul wrote:
i wouldnt accuse him of trolling... hes just making a point. however, the med. map's gameplay is fine and i dont want to fiddle with it.
Thorpe wrote:
So you are dropping this? We will not see this topic somewhere else?
This horse is dead...dig the grave and fill it in.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
urgul wrote:
is anybody other than me noticing that this map is looking really 'old'?
i mean that like, now that other maps like the carribean are spiced up a bit, and other unpopular maps were competely deleted, the med map is looking worse and worse.
im just saying that because its till one of my fave maps, but the backgorund color just isnt my favorite. Does anybody agree or what?
Concluding, I'll see what I can do, now that I have free time......
lifeinpixels wrote:
Urgul, I the chat of game 234518 I did not talk to you about anything except for your continued attempts to change "Palestine" to "Israel". I'm not against a map redesign, but you have been completely been missing the point Vexer and others have been trying to make regarding the name change. Please drop the issue.
urgul wrote:
hey i promised thorpe
im not gonna mention anything about (quote from what you wrote, not me) 'attempts to change "Palestine" to "Israel"', on the forum.
and hey dont 4get this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_system_of_government
elysium5 wrote:
What exactly was the point of posting that last link, urgul?
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
urgul wrote:
i think lifeinpixels secretly has a grudge somewhere.......
not that im trying to pry into his/her personal life, just saying, I wanted to make sure he/she knows
elysium5 wrote:
Meaning what? That link has nothing to do with this thread.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
urgul wrote:
no i didnt, that was intentional
look, i dont want to breach my promise to thorpe