A new version of the New Zealand map.
  • 182 posts
  • Page 9 of 13
PsymonStark wrote:
Oh, by the way, I think that the white legends shouldn't overlap, instead I think it would look better if there is a small space (3px?) between them.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
@Psymon, Done!

The map is now in Beta, get your place in the test games quickly, they go fast.

The first Capital & Deathmatch games on the map are reserved for Hoodlum & Sygmassacre as they are natives of New Zealand and have been asking me to create this map for a long time.

Thank you for setting this map up Hoodlum, great work!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
Yeah better that way.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Looks. Awesome. :D
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
By the way, either it doesn't load up for me, or there isn't a small picture for this map in the live games lobby.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Hoodlum wrote:
dont think there is a small picture, but I like it being ALL BLACK! :)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
aeronautic wrote:
LOL Hood!
No I haven't made one yet, thanks for the reminder V98. BTW did you get my last PM, as I haven't had a reply from you yet?

LOL Again Hood, your avatar looks like you with hair and pointy teeth!!
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
hehe ya, and that's the face i pull a lot at the gym! not pretty lol
Hoodlum wrote:
Spoiler (click to show)

just a thought..while NZ was still blank. just the black background was quite fitting as that's NZ's representative color..added a fern. played around a bit more
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion Hoodlum, however, we currently use a specific crop of the map itself, which are all the same theme. Even though your suggestion gives food for thought, the current theme may change soon too, when a new Live Lobby is created and all the new thumbnails have already been made for this too, where it shows most of the map including the title in a larger format.

The thumbs were eventually submitted for NZ and are now added to the site, so you should see them in the LL when you create a live game from now on.
aaronfever wrote:
Hoodlum - Mar 14, 04:31 AM
Spoiler (click to show)
I like how my avatar is the map screenshot. lol.

NZ47 (click to show)

But for some useful feedback. When it comes to the silver fern (is that what it's officially called?) on the map itself, I would move it over so it's not leaning too closely to the territories. As it is in the last version posted, it looks to be invading the personal space of Christchurch. I would give it even space between Christchurch and Aukland City.

It's not a big deal, but it bugs me.
Proud creator of the map Battle of the Elements
aeronautic wrote:
Seem as it's you and you asked so nicely!
Matty wrote:
He's right, it might look a bit better if the fern is moved a tad bit to the right.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Hoodlum wrote:
good call. yup it's called a silver fern. those cities..christchurch / auckland are the largest cities in the north and the south.. quite convenient to have the fern in between them..