A new version of the New Zealand map.
  • 182 posts
  • Page 8 of 13
aeronautic wrote:
New Zealand 12 (click to show)
Silver Fern leaf darker and signatures more visible.

Just got to make some Capital positions, will need them checking in a few minutes when done.

(Edit) Press CTRL + F5 to refresh image to amendments suggested by Sygmassacre.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Sygmassacre wrote:
If I can be a pain, I would suggest changing Urewera on the main map to Gisborne as this is the main city there and on the mini map changing Gisborne to Poverty Bay as that is the provincial name which would conform with the rest of them as you have them spot on.

I loved the decorations btw but at least we have a permanent reference to it in this thread. Great job (Y)
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Matty wrote:
I think this is your best map thus far. Solar system is also really good, but I think this one is better.

Really amazing job, thank you.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
aeronautic wrote:
Caps 2 to 5 (click to show)
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
PsymonStark wrote:
I am doing alternate caps. 2p is basically the same, but I thought about it independently!
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
aeronautic wrote:
Caps 6 to 9 (click to show)
What are your suggestions Spy?

One thing I noticed is we can't put a Cap on Rodney or Kaipara, or anywhere north of that. This cuts down the possibilities substantially.
Radman911 wrote:
I would love for this map to come into play. I already love New Zealand as it is, and I'd love it even more as a Dominating12 map.
PsymonStark wrote:
Then be patient! We're finishing it off ^^

I did put a cap on Rodney! Just for 7+ games. Not much interest in a +1 that would potentially cost you a lot of troops. Plus it's just 2 ways out so I think it kind of balances it out.

NZ29 (click to show)
NZ47 (click to show)

I focused on everyone <6p having its own port, then tried to balance it out as much as possible.

I'd say that our 2p and 3p are basically the same, then I think my 4p and 5p are better because some caps of yours have only two ways out. For 6p I'd say the same but my path in Selwyn is completely shut and that makes me doubt, even if it's the longest way to everywhere else in the SI, longer than entering by the other ports. The 7+ caps are tougher but you got to make equal 3-step distances in North Island for 7p, so well done! Timaru seems quite isolated though. Maybe a combo of our two solutions, yours for North, mine for South? And possibly the same for 8p because of the same thing. I'd move Rodney to Napier in 9p for a better proposal.

Sorry for all these divagations, up to you to decide, or at least to share opinions!
aeronautic wrote:
I trust your Capital placement abilities Spy, I'll go with yours!

Note* I forgot the impassable key so it has been added to NZ12 above, just refresh to see it.
A couple of labels were moved too, so as to allow Caps to fit better (Dannevirke & Greymouth).

The whole map has been input and just the Cap's to add, then it will be Beta.

Thank you to everyone for your assistance and I hope this map will be fun to play.

aeronautic wrote:
Could I have a Cartographer check the map input please?

Rechecked the rest of your post and will utilise both of our Cap's, with your 7, 8 & 9 in SI and mine in NI.
Vexer wrote:
It's amazing how much work you guys get done in a day.

I have checked the adjacencies and there is a one way connection problem from Waimate to C.Otago. I haven't checked the spelling as that is Psymon's specialty, nor have I checked the bonuses.

The number of capital positions is correct but I did not verify they were the correct ones.
Hoodlum wrote:
Man I'm so greatful for all the assistance with this and all the feedback, that helped to make
my country a beautiful map on D12. Aero, you have done an awesome job as expected and thanks for
the time and effort you put into it this. It's awesssoomee!! :)

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/44623/oh-my-god-we-have-fallen-map-or-new-zealand-amazin
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
PsymonStark wrote:
I'd say everything's ok. Checked bonuses and names. If there is any mistake on bonuses we'll know in beta phase, as every region has the correct amount of territories. Also fixed the one way connection Vexer said.

I'll check caps when it's beta and I can see the create game graphic.