Solar System map thread. Feedback very welcome.
  • 247 posts
  • Page 16 of 17
aeronautic wrote:
Just so that you are aware, the Optimised one (366Kb) is there ready for upload to the Map in the Cartographer Panel, in case somebody else is making the changes.

It will however, require me to set it to "Active", but at least The_Bishop can finalise the extra 2 way connection for NA & Asia, upload the image and move the circle for Dark Side, if he wants.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
Map updated with new Capital placements, one new connection NorthAmerica--Asia (in both directions) and the new image with improvements on the look of the Moon.

You can re-activate it.

Players of the only game in progress agreed with 2/3 majority to make the change with the game in progress. The other player has being inactive for more than one day, in any case he cannot change the majority with his vote.
They have been informed of the change and the use of Ctrl+F5 in case they cannot see the new version of the map.
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=449174
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Oops, forgot to Ctrl + F5, ignore this. :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

aeronautic wrote:
Thanks for all your efforts Bishop, I have made the map "Active Free" and it's once again ready for creating games on.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Hoodlum wrote:
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=play&id=463421

this is a live game that was cancelled today due to a problem with connections.

supiachao: hi, i think there is a bug for this map, on earth
2 Apr, 06:08 supiachao: you see north america is clearly connected to europe, but i cannot attack europe from north america.
2 Apr, 06:09 supiachao: and i cannot attack venus major from north america too, that 3 green territories over there cannot be reach from anywhere
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
The_Bishop wrote:
Mh... I didn't touch the other connections. It's weird.

EDIT: Confirmed, several connections seem removed. It was not me though.
PsymonStark wrote:
I don't know who it was but it looks like the new connections were added without holding the ctrl key and removed the other adjacencies for both Asia and North America.

I can't check it now because I'm not on my computer.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
The_Bishop wrote:
Whoops, really? Then it's my fault sorry!
I forgot about the Ctrl key.

EDIT: Sorry guys, seemed so easy that I did it wrong, my apologizes.
The_Bishop wrote:
Yes, sorry for the inconvenient guys.

Can someone restore game 449174 please?
aeronautic wrote:
No worries.

It looks like all the players left that game.
The_Bishop wrote:
Thanks Guys I feel much better now with the new connection in place and the cap's adjusted as I like.

If I have to leave a comment on this map, I would say that Cbt711 with apparently no experience in map making realized something really cool with interesting gameplay and nice artistic conception. The look is amazing and wouldn't be so without the Aeronautic's touch, because I know he entirely re-made a great part of the graphic job. Congrats!

I think someone already suggested to add a space probe to fill the gap between Earth and Sun. It wouldn't be bad for my taste. A real war in the Solar System would be surely fought with astronautical weapons, since a space probe would look suitable.
aeronautic wrote:
Thanks for the nice words Bishop.
Bump that idea in a month or two, after I have finished the big jobs.
The_Bishop wrote:
So now that Cbt711 is back I repropose my idea:

self quoting
I think someone already suggested to add a space probe to fill the gap between Earth and Sun. It wouldn't be bad for my taste. A real war in the Solar System would be surely fought with astronautical weapons, since a space probe would look suitable.