Solar System map thread. Feedback very welcome.
  • 247 posts
  • Page 11 of 17
cbt711 wrote:
Good luck with whatever you do with your time. It was a blast. Some day I might not be terrible at this game.

Side note - my computer died on battery during a read write operation and somehow miraculously managed to corrupt an on board registry on the CPU. Wooooo - so that computer is a brick now. I had to buy a new one last night. So no photoshop, solidworks, or Corel paint / photo-paint. Also the last version with the new sun and rotated moon may be gone forever. I'll try to resurrect the hard drive tonight. Embarrassing when you're a EE and have to talk to geek squad at best buy, hahaha.
urgul wrote:
It might be a bit late to make a change like this, but....
Iceland is totally missing from Earth. Weird. It's a fairly large island in he middle of the Atlantic, between Greenland and Norway. I know it sounds minor, but it just feels missing.... I know glacier will agree with me. Of course, it is minor, but I feel pretty strong about it.

Thanks for your consideration,

urgull
cbt711 wrote:
As Vexor likes to point out, sometimes clarity and gameplay over take accuracy of the map. Also left out Sicily and I'm half Sicilian. Don't tell my mom.
PsymonStark wrote:
Yeah, me too, there is nothing wrong I can see (except for the Turkey frontier :P). But I'm afraid that there are too many things up there to take care of these things...

I hope we can see any map progression as soon as possible...
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
cbt711 wrote:
Fendi has the photoshop file. It's actually too wide be like 40 pixels... I noticed when posting it to the map queue. And my laptop ate itself (address registry on the CPU corrupted) so I lost photoshop. I hope everything can just be scaled down those 40 pixels or whatever. Other than that it has been ready for a long time.
Vexer wrote:
It will still work even though it's 40 pixels too wide. It just means some people might get a side to side scroll bar. Most people have more than 1280 pixels wide these days and the ones who don't are gonna scroll anyway. That being said it is better if it's the right number of pixels wide so that I can have two games side by side on my 2560X1440 monitor ;)
cbt711 wrote:
Ha! Well I can fix it if I "acquire" photoshop again. I could even program it for the site if shown how. I'd really like to play it.
Matty wrote:
I would really like to play it as well, though I have no idea how that inputting system works ;)

40px is no problem for me, and I do have a relatively small laptop, only 1366x768.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
Oh, you will certain be shown how to input the map cbt711. Once Fendi ok's the final version of the map if she's too busy to teach you then send me a message.
Fendi wrote:
Sorry for not commenting on this. The map looks great but I can unfortunately not take care of the last touch ups right now due to several reasons, one of them being that my Photoshop no longer works. You can however start inputting it and make it beta, it looks good enough to be played on.

Again, very nice work, I had my doubts about this map but you set them at ease.
cbt711 wrote:
Alright, just let me know what to do, and consider it done. I'll save shrinking it for after Beta for any gameplay issues that arise. Guess I'll be using trial versions of Photoshop until this is done :)
Vexer wrote:
These are the territory names as inputted by cbt711. Can I get a volunteer to check them against the image and confirm the spelling?

Africa
Aphrodite
Ares
Asia
Callisto
Cronus
Dark Side
Deimos
Eastern Belt
Eastern Rings
Europe
Ganymede