Make Dominating 12 look and function better!
  • 385 posts
  • Page 7 of 26
Axobongo wrote:
it still wont display View Full Log,, since the migration, in any browser i use, i cant see a full log..needless to say this is really bad, especially if you want to prove something like 2 players breaking the rule of ''working together the whole game'' , and such

Matty wrote:
It works for any game that started after the migration. It won't display log info from before that, simply too much data.

I guess you should just prove they have been working together this month.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Not sure where to put this, or if this has been discussed already.

I like the new live game lobby and how you can quickly identify what types of games are being played, particularly when the games deviate from the "norm" (increasing, no fog settings etc). Irregular settings are highlighted in yellow which is awesome, however I have become lazy and when options like "capped(x)" cards are used this still appears in white text and I do not realise until the game has started lol. So not top priority but maybe we could have the capped/fixed cards options highlighted also?

You have a keen military mind Pod...
Matty wrote:
The problem is that if we do that, we can start to highlight everything.

So we've chosen what we think are the settings that can really screw things up and highlighted those, so that if something is highlighted, it is really something to look out for. Not just 'not the default'.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
Axo suggested in the live chat to put the game clock on every page, in the top bar.

Personally I don't think there's much space left on the top bar (when the browser is small). Any ideas as where to put the clock? It is a bit annoying in the game chat as it is currently.
Matty wrote:
Ok, best suggestion thus far: right of the premium button (and then move all these buttons a bit to the left).
aeronautic wrote:
But on Google Chrome the "Premium" link in the top bar was never fixed, it still shows "Premiu" and the rest is off screen (non scrollable).
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
The_Bishop wrote:
I agree top on the right on the black bar.

Me too, I have a little portion that is cut off. Even if I don't read the seconds it's okay.
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
aeronautic wrote:
I can't remember where it was posted that this has been fixed, but it's related to this thread so I'll post here.

Thanks for fixing the page size handling / coding. However, the forum pages are now reducing image sizes.
In the Map Forum, maps of 1024px width are being displayed as 924px width.
The reason I checked it is because, I noticed blurring of the Labels on the demo's and they came clearer at 110% zoom, which would normally blur.
This does not affect the game map displays only the forum displays.

This will have to be fixed because, it will be impossible to refine map quality if we can't see the actual (non reduced) size of the map and it will always blur the image.
Hyd yn oed er fy mod Cymraeg , dim ond yn siarad Saesneg, felly yr wyf yn gobeithio y bydd y cyfieithu yn gywir.
Matty wrote:
Images are not allowed to extend the page width, they have to stay inside the space given to them.
That means, that if you are on a small screen, some images have to be either (1) clipped (with a scrollbar) or (2) resized.

I asked in the staff forum, and the resize outvoted the clipped with scrollbar one to zero. So that's the one chosen.
If you want to view full images, rightclick them and open in a new tab.
aeronautic wrote:
I recall remarking that I would have been happy with a horizontal scrollbar.
I don't think there's anything wrong with a horizontal scrollbar appearing to view something informational.

There's no way of telling new viewers how to best view the posted maps.

I don't mind if it will be low on the todo list, but if it is possible to have full size images in the Map Forum, I would be very happy to have the forum working at its best for its intention of developing maps at a high graphic standard.
PsymonStark wrote:
Hey, I remember myself voting for clipped! I understand that my knowledge about web design is null but... ^^

Agree that map forum would benefit from that and at the point of the voting no one had thought of this problem.
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Cireon wrote:
I had, but I think general forum usability takes precedence over this single use case. As Matty says, there is a simple solution: always open the images in a new tab. I think that'd be a better way of viewing them anyway. It is only an issue for people with smaller monitors. If you really really insist we can look into making it a user setting, or make a special bb-code tag for it, but I think our time is better spent elsewhere.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
aeronautic wrote:
Seem as we can't tell every viewer to open images in a new tab, is there any code we can put in the image tags to make what is posted, open in a new tab?

That way, Psymon and I could at least manually edit posts and make them user friendly,.
Cireon wrote:
You could try putting the image in an url-tag so that when you click on the image it opens it. External links should open in a new tab automatically.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card