Make Dominating 12 look and function better!
  • 385 posts
  • Page 4 of 26
Thorpe wrote:
Length...5 min
Players...2
Game Type...Deathmatch
Turn-in...Increasing
Map...World Classic
Fortification...Chained
Turn Order...Consecutive

Have the reset button in the box with Choose your color
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Cireon wrote:
Oh, you really think everything should be set automatically! I am not sure about that to be honest, because then the whole feeling of going though it step by step is gone. No you are really encouraged to look at it step by step and that is what I was trying to achieve with my design. Originally the later boxes were not to be enabled (partly visible, can't be interacted with) until all previous options were chosen. Matty decided against that as he wanted to allow people to look at the maps from the start.

Also, shouldn't the "Advanced options" still be implemented, or did I miss that being done?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Yes, the idea is to make this (optionally?) a sort of wizard.
You only see the first box, then choose an option, go to the next box, untill you finally choose a colour and start the game.
By setting all defaults this is not possible anymore.

Apart from that, it's not a bad idea to encourage ppl to play other things than increasing death matches on world classic all the time.

Of course the advanced options can be skipped (and will be hidden for new players) and so they should have defaults.
Also the turn time has a default, as it's not a real game option.

The only reason why the map has a default is because its a bit ugly (right now) to show no map. I might chance that though.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Matty - Sep 2, 04:29 PM
The only reason why the map has a default is because its a bit ugly (right now) to show no map. I might chance that though.
I would like that.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
Cireon wrote:
Bug report:
When I created a game with a minimum amount of points, it showed up as a password game without a limit.
Matty wrote:
Are you sure you typed your number in the correct input box?
Because I have created a game with a point limit (a minimum) and without password I believe.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Alright, works now, must have put it in the wrong box.

Anyhow, what is very annoying is that all my options are gone when an error pops up. I suggest not making the "create game" button enabled until all options are filled in, which already helps a lot. Some javascript validation on the min/max points input and I think you caught all errors.
Matty wrote:
Yes, its on my todo list, but won't have time for a while.
Cireon wrote:
Matty - Oct 15, 10:47 AM
Yes, its on my todo list, but won't have time for a while.
[image]
lifeinpixels wrote:
Cireon - Oct 15, 10:33 AM
Anyhow, what is very annoying is that all my options are gone when an error pops up.

Cireon, I agree.
Villain191 wrote:
Haven't read the thread, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned or is in the wrong thread, but it would be great if the long-term lobby had a sort function ie. organise each column in numberical or alphabetical ascending or descending order if possible.
Cireon wrote:
Villain191 - Oct 25, 09:31 AM
Haven't read the thread, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned or is in the wrong thread, but it would be great if the long-term lobby had a sort function ie. organise each column in numberical or alphabetical ascending or descending order if possible.
Is on the todo list.
Thorpe wrote:
I have used this "Beta" to make my games and I find it real easy to understand and easyer for noobs to do this, I tryed it as a noob, and it really helps to know what each option is.

With each option showing they can:

1. Read what games types we have.
2. Learn what they mean, so if they see a game they can join they will know what they are getting themselves into, before they join.
3. Use it to show off the maps to friends and family who ask what they(I) do for hours, and hours ...and hours and why.
4. Know we have maps for Premium players.

Great job!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Thanks, that's nice to hear.
It's far from finished yet, and won't be for a while, but we'll get there eventually ;)
Matty wrote:
The page should have a small speed boost now.
Apart from that it should give proper errors now, meaning you won't lose all your options if you accidentally forgot to click the adjacent option or something.