Make Dominating 12 look and function better!
  • 385 posts
  • Page 3 of 26
Vexer wrote:
filled circles would look just as bad as the filled rectangles did.

Cireon wrote:
I think if you make them fairly small (like the size in my original mockups) it would work out.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Vexer wrote:
Here's the link to what he is talking about. Just look at the colors and tell us which is better, using the actual territory circles from the game or tiny squares.

http://i.imgur.com/SrDPsD2.png
Matty wrote:
Looks aside, the bigger, the easier to click.

The circles look better than I thought originally, but I wont have much time to do programming this week, but I would like to try them :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
I agree with them needing to be easier to click because eventually the whole interface needs to work well on a touchscreen.
Matty wrote:
Ok, lots of small changes done. A number of bug fixes, colour circles, and the capital positions show up :)

Since there are alot of maps and 2+3+4+...+8 capital positions per map (not mentioning territories), I don't load them all in the beginning, but only when you need them, so you sometimes have to wait a second or two (at peak hour) before they appear.

Edit: there is a bug in Chrome, which misplaces the circles when you select a map you selected before - if you select it again it's solved - will work on that later.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
Nice idea with the colored circles. Personally I think it looks good this way.

The caps are a bit small. Maybe would should custom make a marker just for the create game page instead of using a resized image.

I know it would be more work but it would be nice if the javascript could detect that you haven't selected everything instead of waiting for the server to tell you what you missed.
Matty wrote:
They are already custom made markers, if you zoom in you can see that (I think the images would look horrible resized, as they have all kinds of details (shadows and stuff) that you don't need).
I made them look like the images though, to make it more clear they are capitals.

That last thing is something I want to do, but it should check on a bit more than just if everything is selected :)
Vexer wrote:
ok, If I find time I might try and make a different image and see if it's any better.

Have I mentioned yet that it would be nice to be able to click on the map and get a full size pop up?
Vexer wrote:
Ok, I figured out that you used css to make the capitals markers. They were too small and pixelated so I made some adjustments that I think make it look much better.

First I made them larger, then I swapped the border and the box shadow and made the box shadow inset so I could set the blur distance to 1 and help it look more anti-aliased. Then I changed the opacity of the colors to 90% so that the white wasn't so blinding and help it blend better.

Is this better?
Thorpe wrote:
I click on the link and all I get is a image...so what can I compare?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
http://www.dominating12.com/?cmd=game&sec=create_beta

That is the new Create a game page.

@Vexer, new CSS looks good in a quick look, don't have much time now.
Thorpe wrote:
I just tryed the inter-face to make a game and I must say it works real well. Simple...easy to understand...needs to have a reset button though, to put it back to the default mode though.

I think a small description for Fog, Consecutive and
Same time (beta)should be there.

Is the default setting going to change?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Cireon wrote:
I like all your ideas Thorpe!

What do you think of the default settings?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card