Make Dominating 12 look and function better!
  • 385 posts
  • Page 5 of 26
SpamFree wrote:
Since the "Create Game (beta)" has replaced the older "Create Game" on the "Live (Speed) Games" page there have been many in the chat expressing difficulty creating games using the new page.

This post will attempt to briefly run through the option selection process necessary to create a game.

The initial Create Game window opens as shown here:

[image]

If you attempt to Click the Create Game button in the lower-right a box will appear near the Create Game button which details what options MUST be selected prior to creating the game:

[image]

For example Click “3 Minutes” to select 3-minute turns:

[image]

Next Click “5 Players” to select a 5-player game:

[image]

Notice that the list of required options near the Create Game button has changed accordingly:

[image]

Next, for example Click “Capitals” in box #3 to select a Capitals Game:

[image]

Next, for example, Click “Increasing” in box #4 to select increasing card turn-in values:

[image]

Notice again, that the Error box near the Create Game button has changed to reflect the remaining options that MUST be selected to create a game:

[image]

However, before moving to box #6, many people will choose a map from box #5. In this example, Click “Mediterranean States” to select that map, which will appear to the left of the name list:

[image]

Next for example, Click “Chained” in the “Fortification” menu in box #6:

[image]

The last option that MUST be selected to create a game is the choice of your player color.
For example click in the Red-bordered circle in box #9 to choose the color Red:

[image]

Notice that in the above screenshot the “Create Game” button has changed color to indicate that it is now available to be clicked to create the game with the settings selected.

The above section details the minimum settings that need to be selected to create a game.
However, box #7 contains “Advanced options” that, while not mandatory, can be enabled to create even more varied and interesting games:

[image]

* Note that the “Advanced cards” option is currently limited to Password Protected games ONLY. Choosing the option without setting a password in the “Password” textbox below it will result in an error near the Create Game button:

[image]

For more info on the “Advanced cards” option, see the forum thread-> http://www.dominating12.com/forum/?cmd=topic&id=631

For more info on the “Fog of War” option see glossary-> http://dominating12.com/?cmd=tutorial&act=glossary#25

For more info on “Same Time (beta)” option see glossary-> http://dominating12.com/?cmd=tutorial&act=glossary#18

elysium5 wrote:
Nice work on that, SpamFree.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
SpamFree wrote:

Glad to help.

(I had planned to do it a few days ago but just around to it.)

Cireon wrote:
[image]
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
iTrend wrote:
It's good to see spammy putting in the proper effort to get attention of the PROPER people…to have the proper dialogue.

Properly.
DAWG wrote:
Removed spam post
plz ignore my stats...i had a bad strt in 2016 and was a bad Dawgie...i am not that Dawg that has been banned frm chat.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Maybe boast a little more on your home page:

D12 Home Page:
30+ Unique Game Boards (Maps)

You can have fun playing your opponents on the classic World Map or explore our 30+ unique maps. We have maps of the United States, Europe, Great Britain and Ireland, Mediterranean Sea, Africa, Eastern Asia, New York City, San Francisco, Tamriel, Westeros and many more. Maps are designed and critiqued by our community before being added to our map database. If you have a good idea or are creative with Photoshop please do drop into our Map Creation Forum and help us create a map.

Including current beta maps, we now have 39 maps. Maybe when it reaches 40 this should be changed.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Now there are 40 playable maps... (see previous post)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Just saying: You only changed the subtitle, but the paragraph still says 30+...

"40+ Unique Game Boards (Maps)

You can have fun playing your opponents on the classic World Map or explore our 30+ unique maps."
Day Actions:

Villain191 wrote:
Please move if incorrect thread, but the forum could do with a rep system for posts.