Make Dominating 12 look and function better!
  • 385 posts
  • Page 21 of 26
jr502 wrote:
- what is the maximum number of password protected games and what is the time period?
- is the maximum based on the number created in a given time period, or is it based on the number that are concurrently active?
- would it be possible to explain this in the site FAQ and/or glossary?
- is it possible to end a game that was created but not played and has no players?
thanks
Cireon wrote:
jr502
- what is the maximum number of password protected games and what is the time period?
For free players, the maximum is 1, and there isn't a time period, just the number of games you can have open simultaneously.

jr502
- is the maximum based on the number created in a given time period, or is it based on the number that are concurrently active?
The latter: how many you have concurrently active. I think it may only count games you have created though. You should be able to join as many PW protected games as you want.

jr502
- would it be possible to explain this in the site FAQ and/or glossary?
Yes.

jr502
- is it possible to end a game that was created but not played and has no players?
PW protected games that don't get any other players are automatically ended after some time. You can also leave them and they will be ended automatically.

This is quite off topic from this thread, so if you have any other questions, please make a separate thread.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
AlexCheckMate wrote:
jr502
(2) I don't exactly know what a 'pending' game is, or what it means when you set up a pw-protected game (live or long term) but the full # of players never joins so the game never starts. It seems eventually (live or long term??) even the creator is kicked from the game. But the game still exists out there, it is not deleted. Is it "pending?" or dropped off and is in netherland? Does it count against your "max number of pw games?"

Slightly off-topic: Are you Dutch?

As for the number of PW games, I believe it's 1; I just created one: https://dominating12.com/game/1049450 , then tried another and got this: You have reached the limit for password protected games at a time. For more you must purchase premium.

Games which are pending count towards this counter too (obviously). I believe this is what confused you - you may have no (active) games going on, but you do have a (passive) game pending with a password on it; therefore not eligible to create another. No relation to what day it is, or what you've been doing on that day. The underlined implies you may play 10 (or more, lol) of those games on 1 day, as long as they don't overlap (so play 1 between 12:00-13:00, then the next 13:10-14:10, next 14:20-15:20..... etc)

Pending live games won't last too long (you/someone needs to click every 5min to signal they're still there - otherwise the game disappears).
LT games stay pending for 30 days.
Once you LEAVE such a game, it's no longer pending for YOU. The game is not in a physical place on our earth.

Hope this helps!
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Cireon wrote:
Once again, let's make a separate thread if there is still confusion about password protected games.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
jr502 wrote:
Cireon and AlexCheckMate -- your posts today were very helpful. Thank you. Hope my "thank you" isn't too much violation of the "separate thread" request. Very good. And I am not Dutch. :)
Cireon wrote:
@Hoodlum a long while ago you reported a bug where in same time games thing could get stuck when you take a territory, and then an enemy takes the territory before you can move troops. This is now fixed.
Cireon wrote:
I had to rollback the fix due to the server issues yesterday, but once there's a fix for the fix, it should work for real.
Cireon wrote:
The fix now seems to be stable ;)
Cireon wrote:
dough_boy
Many of us have reported this before. If you are on a kill streak and have a lot to kill with, smashing the attack often times when it ends the last click was on the slider and changed things, then if you are not careful you accidentally split your forces, etc. So in your case, you are clicking too many times and not verifying the fortifying before accepting. Get in the habit until someone can alter the position of the attack vs the slider.
I have updated the UI so that the attack button now shows at the top, rather than in the centre. It's not as aesthetically pleasing, but it solves the problem.

Let me know what you think. I would like to start making this new attack UI the default for everybody soon.
Hoodlum wrote:
Hoodlum
Hoodlum
a glitch that happens in sametime when using the new movement ui

if you attack a players territory..conquer it, but havent yet sent troops to the territory yet, and then your opponent attacks that same territory,.. it will give an error.. but then the ui wont disappear and your frozen till time runs out.

Here is a screen recording of it. Just stuck until time runs out, while your opponent can continue to play

sametime still has this issue.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Cireon wrote:
I thought I fixed that Hoodlum.

That being said. I believe the same issue exists on the old UI, so it's not a regression.