Make Dominating 12 look and function better!
  • 385 posts
  • Page 22 of 26
Hoodlum wrote:
i hadn't had it for a while, but i hadn't tested it as i usually should have. currently glitch/stuck in a 24 hour sametime game :')
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Cireon wrote:
:(

This must be a backend bug then. I'll look into it again, but no promises. It's a lot of effort getting all these edge cases in same time games figured out, and given it's a bit of a niche game mode... it's hard to justify spending all our time on, which is why it's still beta :P
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
jr502 wrote:
Hi. On the maps page for a filter there is a checkbox for "beta maps" -- but I cannot tell that it does anything.  Is this a set of maps available only to premium members? (I am not a PM.)  If that is the reason it seems to do nothing....then what about having some visual indication? Maybe the "beta maps' part could be "grayed out" to indicate that it is non-functional?

This would not be a high priority I'm sure, just something I noticed and thought I would suggest.
Matty wrote:
jr502
Hi. On the maps page for a filter there is a checkbox for "beta maps" -- but I cannot tell that it does anything.  Is this a set of maps available only to premium members? (I am not a PM.)  If that is the reason it seems to do nothing....then what about having some visual indication? Maybe the "beta maps' part could be "grayed out" to indicate that it is non-functional?

This would not be a high priority I'm sure, just something I noticed and thought I would suggest.

This shows you a beta map and the icon associated with it. But yeah, apparently you can't see those maps. So I guess the checkbox is kinda useless then :)
[image]
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
sfclimbers wrote:
Cireon
dough_boy
Many of us have reported this before. If you are on a kill streak and have a lot to kill with, smashing the attack often times when it ends the last click was on the slider and changed things, then if you are not careful you accidentally split your forces, etc. So in your case, you are clicking too many times and not verifying the fortifying before accepting. Get in the habit until someone can alter the position of the attack vs the slider.
I have updated the UI so that the attack button now shows at the top, rather than in the centre. It's not as aesthetically pleasing, but it solves the problem.

Let me know what you think. I would like to start making this new attack UI the default for everybody soon.

It's been working well for me. Very happy with it.
sfclimbers wrote:
I've been hitting a new bug from the beta troop movement dialog. It goes like this:

From country A, conquer B, move all.
From country B, conquer C, move all.
Except, the dialog incorrectly repeats source and destination countries as A to B. So, move all actually leaves all troops in B instead of moving to C! Note, I had already completed troop movements from A to B and successfully conquered C from B. Yet, the troop movement dialog shows movements from the countries of the previous attack ( A to B ) instead of the current attack ( B to C ).

e.g.
https://dominating12.com/game/1095875

01 Dec, 06:01:52 China (sfclimbers) occupied Siam with 1 troop.  <--- I moved all from dialog, but dialog incorrectly repeated Mongolia to China, so effectively left all in China.
01 Dec, 06:01:50 China (sfclimbers) attacked Siam (emp2703) conquering it, killing 3, losing 7.
01 Dec, 06:01:43 Mongolia (sfclimbers) occupied China with 17 troops.
01 Dec, 06:01:42 Mongolia (sfclimbers) attacked China (emp2703) conquering it, killing 3, losing 2.
Round 9

From Mongolia, I attacked China, moved all
From China, I attacked Siam, moved all
BUT the dialog incorrectly showed Mongolia to China (again) and the net effect was all troops remained in China instead of moving to Siam.

This has happened to me in multiple games recently. Nothing relating to button placement. Just the wrong territories shown in the troop movement dialog. I only noticed that it was the wrong countries this time as I was clicking the button.

Another example

https://dominating12.com/game/1094711
28 Nov, 07:53:47 Brazil (sfclimbers) occupied North Africa with 1 troop. <--- I moved all from dialog, but dialog incorrectly repeated Venezuela to Brazil
28 Nov, 07:53:45 Brazil (sfclimbers) attacked North Africa (gagebob) conquering it, killing 30, losing 16.
28 Nov, 07:53:23 Venezuela (sfclimbers) occupied Brazil with 139 troops.
28 Nov, 07:53:21 Venezuela (sfclimbers) attacked Brazil (gagebob) conquering it, killing 2, losing 1.
Round 23
Cireon wrote:
Hmm that is odd. The backend should prevent this. I'll look into it, but won't have time for a few days. Can you check what happens if you do a full refresh of the page after the second attack? Does that correctly show the right territories in the overlay then?
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
sfclimbers wrote:
I'll be paying closer attention in subsequent games, and let you know. As an aside, there have also been times when after successfully conquering a neighboring territory, no troop dialog is presented at all (or perhaps it flashed and disappeared, don't recall). In such cases I have had to do full browser refresh to get it back. Playing on Chrome using a Mac.
Cireon wrote:
Did you try the full refresh like I asked?
sfclimbers wrote:
Yes, that works, when I'm paying close enough attention to recognize that it happened again. Unfortunately, when I'm moving quickly to take out an opponent in a single turn (usually playing a 3 minute clock) I don't notice that it has happened again, and so don't see that I need to refresh. Like I mentioned earlier, everything appears to be working fine; I've conquered and moved after the first territory, selected and conquered the next territory, and only then does it fail. So, you really need to study the From/To territories before committing to moving troops.
sfclimbers wrote:
Really happens a lot. I don't always catch it, then I lose the game. Quite frustrating. Chrome on a Mac.
dough_boy wrote:
Can you confirm that it also doesn't show 0 even though move all is selected? It happened to me the other day (Chrome on Mac). I didn't pay attention to the territories. I am wondering if something coming back from the backend breaks and then the interface is "reusing" the old names because that is what the variables were set to and not changed.