Make Dominating 12 look and function better!
  • 385 posts
  • Page 17 of 26
Hoodlum wrote:
just played it for sametime..love it. u can send zero if u type it in.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
Two more bugs:
- In firefox the slider doesn't work for dragging (it does for clicking).
- After a successful 2 troops vs 1 troop attack, the attack popup doesn't go away (it also doesnt go to a troop move popup, but that's good, because there are no troops to move).
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
Typing in 0 won't work untill after the fix - send 1 or disable the new UI and use the old one, that one can send 0.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
Alright, I uploaded a quick fix, let's hope this doesn't make things worse - Cireon hasn't looked at it yet B|
Cireon wrote:
"After a successful 2 troops vs 1 troop attack, the attack popup doesn't go away"
Ohh, I totally see how this could happen. That's on me for trying to be fancy and reuse the same dialog for attacking and sending (which makes sense, you don't want the thing to jump around if you have dragged it out of the way).

I'll try and fix the Firefox bug and the attacking 2v1 bug both this weekend.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Yay, both are fixed!
Matty wrote:
Oh, one thing I noticed is that it takes quite some time between the finished-attack and the troop movement ui becoming available.

Maybe the ui update misses the conqueror request's answer?
Cireon wrote:
Matty
Oh, one thing I noticed is that it takes quite some time between the finished-attack and the troop movement ui becoming available.

Maybe the ui update misses the conqueror request's answer?
Mistake on my side. Already fixed it in the code. Hopefully we can roll out this change soon.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Uploaded - it's way faster now.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I suppose this does not _really_ belong here... but I'll post it anyway.

[image]
Link to game: https://dominating12.com/game/943146

The 4 and the 2... the 4 should be a 2 too. I attacked a neutral thereafter and then it was fine. I suppose it was just a visual bug, but I can't vouch for it.

I do believe I like this change. :)
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
slackbatter wrote:
Having used the new UI for a while now, and then having switched back for the last week or so, I am very much in favor of the new UI. Nice work!
Hoodlum wrote:
i had noticed that quite a few times it would send half the troops instead of all while playing sametime games..but figured out what it is..clicking fast! - when the attack button disappears then turns into the slider, im choosing the halfway mark without noticing, before pressing send troops.
otherwise, it's pretty cool for sametime and it hasn't gotten in the way..it's convenient to click attack on the map where the gameplay is happening, rather than having to move your mouse to the top right like we use to.
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Matty wrote:
Oooh, because the attack button is positioned at the place of the slider.

Hmmm, for the old interface we moved some buttons so that they didn't appear in the same positions, but if me move it down it's probably in the same place as the send button, which is even worse.