Make Dominating 12 look and function better!
  • 385 posts
  • Page 15 of 26
CheekyTeeky wrote:
Works fine for me so far. I think it stalled once when going to move some troops through but refreshing fixed it. Is there a way to get drop down still or is it just slider and input box?

Looking at the snip Matty posted, I don't get the arrows on the text box. I'm using chrome on mobile.
You have a keen military mind Pod...
Cireon wrote:
No the drop-down has been removed in favour of the other inputs.

The arrows are part of how that control looks on specific browsers. It's a number input so on desktop it will often have the arrows. On mobile phones, it will often show a number keyboard when you select it to make it easier to edit it.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
dough_boy wrote:
There is some spacing issues when it comes to names sometimes.

Also, when going to place the initial armies it doesn't let me move the box on the screen to see things.
Cireon wrote:
When you encounter these spacing issues again, please take a screenshot. Would be good to see what names are causing problems and how.

Regarding the movability of the box: I didn't explicitly implement the moving of the pop-up. Do you think it would be needed? You can always close the window again and select the country again.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
dough_boy wrote:
It is a problem for me because I have a hack in place that lets me double click on a territory to highlight adjacents. The box then covers the adjacents. I will just need to not start my turn until I am completely ready.
Matty wrote:
Cireon
Hmm, I haven't seen that border before, must be a default style Firefox applies. Can you check where the style comes from in the dev tools?

[image]
Does this help?
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Cireon wrote:
Yup, thanks!

Dough_boy, thanks for clarifying. I think we actually would like to support a feature like that natively, so it's not the biggest priority, but I understand your point. I'll have a think about it.
Matty wrote:
I'd like to be able to drag the popup box around as well (and then maybe like hoodlum suggested pin it there).

I actually had to delay posting that screenshot, because the 'Forums' link was hidden below it B|
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Matty wrote:
Oh, btw, this is the other small thing I talked about - the refresh icon that changes to an hourglass after x time inactivity:
[image]

Looks like you spelled 'hourclass', instead of 'hourglass'
slackbatter wrote:
I agree it would be good to be able to drag the box. I couldn't hit the X on it when it was behind the top UI banner.

Also the PLACE button is so close to the slider I worry about accidentally hitting it while trying to hit the slider (especially on touch screen). For me the most important reason to improve the UI is to prevent placement errors like placing too many/few on a space or accidentally moving all my troops when I only meant have 1 there, etc..
Hoodlum wrote:
i like it. not an issue for sametime unlimited, just a matter of adjusting, and it's quicker already.
could the attack button be on the slider box? that would be good for phone users i imagine...(less scrolling, and being able to see the battle)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Cireon wrote:
I will look into dragging the box, though whether that can work depends on what dragging on the slider does. I am not sure about pinning the box either. It's fairly easy to make that work, but then it would reset every time you leave or refresh the page and I don't think that's the behaviour people expect. Making the location persist between refreshes is a lot more work from the technical perspective, plus I have no idea how that would work with different sized maps. What exactly are we looking for in this pinning feature? Maybe we can use that to decide how it should work and of that is feasible from a technical standpoint.

slackbatter: I agree that placement issues are something we want to prevent from happening, though I haven't really had issues with it myself. I can add some extra whitespace around the elements, but there is only so much space we can add before we make the box too big to be useful. I'll add some margins though and we can see if that's enough.

Hoodlum: glad to hear that! We are indeed planning to also move the attack process to a similar pop-up, but since UI for that is different we'll first have to have another think of how that would look.
dough_boy wrote:
Could just set a cookie that has the position of the box. I wouldn't do it by map, but instead person. If I am changing games/maps it would need to be moved again. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I can see Hood's point on live/same time games.
Matty wrote:
Personally I'd expect the 'pinning' to be for one game, and wouldn't mind if it resets after a refresh. But maybe that's just me ;)
I also wouldn't mind not having a pin option that much, but it could be nice.
dough_boy wrote:
[image]

Needs a higher z-index. Had to reload the page for it to move...