Game Thread
  • 318 posts
  • Page 19 of 22
Madagascarter wrote:
Ok, I am sorry for not communicating... Christmas was far busier than I expected. The reality with a game like this is that it takes about 2 hours to process all the data and even more to stay on top of all the messages and Christmas was very socially busy for me and really unpredictable, I couldn't find a long enough time period to analyse all the results and things. But I will do this now (idk the results yet).

However, I understand that if I restart the game now, some people might miss the deadline, so I'll start the next phase on the 3rd. From thence, I should be able to manage the game properly and the chaos should over. I apologise for not communicating though. I don't have an excuse for that.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
Madagascarter is online.
Rockbert wrote:
Glad all is well! Happy to continue, look forward to the 3rd! :)
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Jacob24 wrote:
Christmastime is always crazy, no worries at all. :) Hope you had a good time with family/friends!

I'm good for the 3rd as well
"clubs - go suck eggs! :)"
Tennesseelogman, 2024
Madagascarter wrote:
I've hit a bit of a complication... As a player put in a vote for if they won the bid for the Stalker, and another vote bid for if they didn't. It would be a bit unfair for them to have this information when no-one else had it. And it matters. I've already messaged this player.

Summer 2 Countdown

Madagascarter is online.
Madagascarter wrote:
A Peace Deal has been agreed. Lady Naga has met with the Tractionists and agreed a Peace Deal early in this war. The Traction cities having spent most of their fuel thought it was a good deal, giving them time to rebuild the damage to their cities and prime position for resources. Many ground dwellers are emigrating out of the area. Because of the deal they won't become slaves, but a deep routed fear still lives amongst the green storm of moving cities.

Peace Faction has won the game

2ofclubs was 5 votes in debt
Iris was 5 votes in debt

Bluegoetz put 3 votes Rockbert
Rockbert put 1 vote on Bluegoetz

TLM put 1 vote on MacK
Ryo put 1 vote on MacK
Iris put 3 votes on MacK

Making it a tie. Which I'm really surprised this finished this early because last game, there wasn't a single tie in the whole game, in fact one of the rounds I'm pretty sure there was over 30 votes on a single player and 12 votes on the second most. And there wasn't even any Stalker Manipulation on either round. One thing that may of influenced it though was in the last game there was a case of Use it or lose it, idea on votes, but in this game, everyone wanted to save their coins for a more powerful action economy later. The reason I changed in from the first game, was because of feedback. I hoped that placing a maximum coin limit would encourage more people to vote... Maybe a Christmas Eve voting phase was a bad idea? Especially as people had their max. There were also like 5 players decide to spend all of their coins and more on buying the Stalker. The game ended in which place the Stalker became irrelevant.

The Players in the Peace Faction were Ryanairlol, TLM and Rockbert!

I was going to add another win condition to the Peace Stalkers tonight to make the game a little bit more interesting for them... But they had unknowingly achieved that too. Jacob & Npat, you won as well. But it's a little hollow as you weren't involved in the peace faction as much as I thought you would be. I was going to add the win condition to kill all rogue Stalkers but none were created.

The Ultimate winner was Rockbert!
Probably the only player that benefitted from having such and early finish and therefore able to complete all 3 of his win conditions.
Spoiler (click to show)

TLM achieved 2 of his win conditions... I'm not sure anyone else did.

I'm a little disappointed that Peace won so early... It was meant to be nearly impossible to tie it do to the fact everyone's vote numbers were hidden and then as the number of peace stalkers increased there would be a higher chance of peace occurring. But then Rogue Stalkers would begin to be a problem while anyone not peace should be going heavily in debt to stop peace from winning.

Well congrats Peace. I'll have to read through your conversations to know exactly how you managed to prevent lots of players from voting that last round. I'll post all the roles tomorrow. 

Summer 2 Countdown

Madagascarter is online.
Jacob24 wrote:
Fun idea but didn't really pan out well, unfortunately. I tried getting people to vote but everyone just wanted to save coins. I suppose I technically won in the end although I didn't actually do anything to deserve it.

I'd like to try hosting at some point but I'm not really ready yet. Anyone else ready to host a game?

Thanks Mada for hosting this one.
Tennesseelogman, 2024
Jacob24 wrote:
Tennesseelogman
wouldn't it be wild (and a little disappointing and anticlimactic) if mada came on now and reported that after the application of abilities and extra votes = the vote was a tie and therefore the peace lovers have achieved their WC and the game is over. :) :( :0

:o
Tennesseelogman, 2024
anuorre wrote:
Well that was unexpected and anti climatic.

First the host disappeared for a 1+ week (which makes sense due to the festivities) then he reappeared, and within 1+ hour of appearing the game ended.

Haha. Very anti climatic :)
Rockbert wrote:
Wow. That is crazy! Sorry to see it over so soon. Ready for the next one. Investigating Tennessee early was the best thing I did as we were able to link up early. Gg all. Thanks Mada!
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
notoriouspat wrote:
ayo! I kinda won! Mada... Excellent story and potential for gameplay! Thank you for hosting
notoriouspat is online.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i killed you npat w the assassin. i requested a chat w you and jacob since i was the stalker creator i knew your new WC and was going to recruit you for the win and info. i did not think a no lynch would win the game since i had 2 more WCs. my last was to kill the stalker seller - so i was bidding on the assassin each time just to kill somebody and counting on rock to investigate
Live long and prosper
Crywolf wrote:
Great game Mada and a great story concept! It's unfortunate that the game ended so quickly given all your effort.

2ofClubs and I were lovers, and we were able to link up from the start after Clubs dropped a well covered clue. Thinking about it, I think I may have also got 2 out of my 3 Wcs, and maybe Clubs too if there were no more slaves.
Congrats to Rock on being the ultimate winner!
New Mafia game coming