The Cannonball Run Canada Official Game Thread
  • 208 posts
  • Page 13 of 14
2ofclubs wrote:
Lol alies can be beneficial. Don't just lunch. Heck it can be friendly fire for all you know.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
elysium5
This is the Cannonball Run.

It is going to be a bit chaotic, just like it was originally intended and just like my life is right now;)

I designed it differently from the first one on purpose, so I could make it more like the crazy one it was intended to be, but doing so in a manner that would accommodate my ability to update in an unfortunately very untimely fashion.

I have recorded the last phases (Tuesdays) selections.

I will not be delaying the game because of my untimely updates. Instead, I will be adjusting the selection deadline and updates.

All racers will now choose selections for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

You will choose by sending me a PM in your official game PM thread with me, not in these forums, indicating your selections.

Please indicate:

Wednesday
All players have the ability in this phase to:

#Pull Over (Insert Colour, Make and Model choice here)

and

#Travel (Insert km/hr here)

Thursday

and

Friday

and

Each of those phases are the standard 4 hours each.

You will then need to sleep for eight hours/2 phases (Saturday and Sunday).

You can still communicate via Private CB channels (PM's that must include me!) or on the open CB channel (this forum) at any time.

I will accept selections right up until 04:00 server time Monday, May 15th.

All racers will be updated on distance traveled and you will her on the dispatch who was reported and who was pulled over.

You will not be able to see who you passed and who passed you but there will be revealed some valuable information when the race 'resumes' on Monday,

Any chance we're being fooled by that last sentence? Notice the ' ' around resumes and the , after Monday.
He sure is right about it being chaotic...
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Madagascarter wrote:
I'm sure he would of mentioned something considering there is literally another game about to start
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
elysium5 wrote:
Sorry I haven't responded to any private messages or any comments in this thread.

I have had unexpected personal things that have affected my ability to spend much time here recently.

I sincerely apologize to everyone.

This game will remain on hold for now and maybe we can continue it or restart it at a later date.

I have no timetable for that right now.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Rockbert wrote:
No worries Elysium! Hope everything is alright and that things settle down for you. All good. Take care of you and yours and don't worry about it. Peace. :)
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rcomer727 wrote:
elysium5
Sorry I haven't responded to any private messages or any comments in this thread.

I have had unexpected personal things that have affected my ability to spend much time here recently.

This game will remain on hold for now and maybe we can continue it or restart it at a later date.

I hope all goes well for you! Real life is far more important than this silly game!
You're in my thoughts and prayers
AlexCheckMate wrote:
elysium5

Thanks for finally giving an update. Hope your situation will soon change for the best. It sure has crippled you long enough, noone should have to endure that! Anything we could help you with? Maybe there's legal issues and we've got a lawyer amongst us? (I'm an engineer, so can't help there - but maybe with something else?)

I must honestly say though, that I'm appalled by the way how you handle/d it. Your previous message was on the 12th of May, when you already shed some light on your activity/responsibility issues, yet acted as if you had found a way around it - fair enough. Don't see why it took you nearly 3 weeks though to inform us that you're unable to manage what you thought you could. You're a working man, right? Over 30 years old?
Note that you created the game thread on the 28th of April (and sign ups in November...) but didn't start till the 8th of May. Just a few days after starting, it already quit.

I've got no problem whatsoever with giving priority to real life things (I agree you should); just don't understand how you manage to play in several (20+) games simultaneously in this same time period and even join extra, but don't find the time to let us know you won't be able to host - a simple message, like this one, would've sufficed.

Second, I'm also somewhat surprised that you responded positively on my idea* to co host with ThickTalon, to cater your unexpected busy schedule, yet that you didn't continu with it later on; instead just started. If you didn't fancy the idea, which is fair enough, you could've expressed it. If you did like the idea, I don't understand why you didn't roll with it? It confuses me.

Lastly, I'd like to give props to the D12/mafia community here; I'm very touched by the display of readiness to apply great mental fortitude and patience. The well wishes/prayers are very nice to read and I can sense they're meant. Also the flexibility of players to just create/play a new game in the meanwhile, while there's just no information coming about. All of that without any cursing, flaming or other behaviour of such nature.

*It's not really my idea. Posted it here: https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3803/the-cannonball-run-mafia-game-sign-up/post/88122#post-88122 with your reaction right after. ThickTalon expressed his eagerness in November; I just mentioned it again in April, as we were experiencing quite some issues to actually getting started.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
elysium5 wrote:
AlexCheckMate
elysium5

Thanks for finally giving an update. Hope your situation will soon change for the best. It sure has crippled you long enough, noone should have to endure that! Anything we could help you with? Maybe there's legal issues and we've got a lawyer amongst us? (I'm an engineer, so can't help there - but maybe with something else?)

I must honestly say though, that I'm appalled by the way how you handle/d it. Your previous message was on the 12th of May, when you already shed some light on your activity/responsibility issues, yet acted as if you had found a way around it - fair enough. Don't see why it took you nearly 3 weeks though to inform us that you're unable to manage what you thought you could. You're a working man, right? Over 30 years old?
Note that you created the game thread on the 28th of April (and sign ups in November...) but didn't start till the 8th of May. Just a few days after starting, it already quit.

I've got no problem whatsoever with giving priority to real life things (I agree you should); just don't understand how you manage to play in several (20+) games simultaneously in this same time period and even join extra, but don't find the time to let us know you won't be able to host - a simple message, like this one, would've sufficed.

Second, I'm also somewhat surprised that you responded positively on my idea* to co host with ThickTalon, to cater your unexpected busy schedule, yet that you didn't continu with it later on; instead just started. If you didn't fancy the idea, which is fair enough, you could've expressed it. If you did like the idea, I don't understand why you didn't roll with it? It confuses me.

Lastly, I'd like to give props to the D12/mafia community here; I'm very touched by the display of readiness to apply great mental fortitude and patience. The well wishes/prayers are very nice to read and I can sense they're meant. Also the flexibility of players to just create/play a new game in the meanwhile, while there's just no information coming about. All of that without any cursing, flaming or other behaviour of such nature.

*It's not really my idea. Posted it here: https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3803/the-cannonball-run-mafia-game-sign-up/post/88122#post-88122 with your reaction right after. ThickTalon expressed his eagerness in November; I just mentioned it again in April, as we were experiencing quite some issues to actually getting started.

-Alex

I could care less how you think "I handled it."

You have no idea what goes on in someone's personal life.

As far as taking turns in games I was already in, it takes a few seconds at any time I am able.

Taking the time to run this game is much more involved and is under specific time constraints and this current delay had/has nothing to do with me previously behind to busy to commit to starting this game.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Rockbert wrote:
Hey Elysium,

Is it possible to resurrect this for the mafia game? Sadly we couldn't get enough people for Mada's so that is shelved til December I believe. If this one could get back going that would be great and if not, perhaps return the donated tokens?

Thanks,

Rockbert
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
elysium5 wrote:
I can resurrect it.

I just got through a crazy summer!

So much fantastic personal things going on in my life I had needed to take a bit of a break from mafia but I am working on a new schedule for myself and I think I will be able to commit a little more.

What is the consensus from everyone?

Just do a restart?