Sign-up thread
  • 282 posts
  • Page 16 of 19
2ofclubs wrote:
my fuel is deteriorated to turpentine & tires are dry rotted. i don't think the engine can even run on today's low octane high priced fuel.
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
ThickTalon wrote:
I converted to garbage ala Doc Brown. Still running. I have crossed the continental US 13 times. Stopping by Mom and Dad's in Kentucky for some ice cream currently.
MacEohaid wrote:
Page 16 on the sign-up, that is more pages than some of our mafia games. ha ha. I heading back east now and made it to Topeka, KS.
Rockbert wrote:
yes, revving up and ready to go.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
2ofclubs wrote:
MacEohaid
Page 16 on the sign-up, that is more pages than some of our mafia games. ha ha. I heading back east now and made it to Topeka, KS.
Birds can't get land locked. :P
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
ThickTalon wrote:
Visiting a landfill to pick up some fuel.

Just leased garbage truck to follow me around the country. Any idea on how long I might need to lease him for? don't want to over spend on this trip.
Tennesseelogman wrote:
since we are still so close to Easter - i will ask ely the same question that John the Baptist asked Jesus - - - "are you the one we are waiting on, or should we look for another?"

i will PM ely to see how close he is to starting his game.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman is online.
2ofclubs wrote:
Tennesseelogman
since we are still so close to Easter - i will ask ely the same question that John the Baptist asked Jesus - - - "are you the one we are waiting on, or should we look for another?"

i will PM ely to see how close he is to starting his game.
nice
WRKD4IT
2ofclubs is online.
Rockbert wrote:
When are we going the next mafia game?
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Rockbert is online.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
elysium5
Tennesseelogman
thick - why do you want to co-host? have you hosted before? do you have a game in mind and want try it out first?

start the game - no need to beg folks to join. PM them all once and start Monday :)

ThickTalon and I have been discussing how to host a game so I suggested co-hosting with me whenever it was good for both of us.

We used to require it before allowing new hosts to do a game so it wasn't just a made up game with no consideration taken into account for how to try and properly balance out the game mechanics.

Also, after co-hosting a game(s) until feeling ready to try hosting your own, a new game host should have an experienced host as their game co-host in order to be able to trouble shoot any issues and help things run smoothly until they are comfortable going solo.

^this^ is your solution (see post #20 on page 2).

The game setup has been completed by elysium5 a while ago. Have ThickThalon, who expressed interest in co-hosting, take care of handling deadlines/PMs and the issue of elysium5 being unable to dedicate enough time to the game will be resolved.

I assume that, since elysium5 manages to consistently keep up with his 30 open games + join new ones and with ThickTalon eager to play in this game, both should be able to find a way to start and run this special edition of mafia.

Message both whether this proposal is still an option-to verify my thought process-, or whether something else unforeseen disables this as a valid alternative. Probably also ask the players whether they're fine with this idea. Give an 48h deadline to see it come to fruition.

Having played in the first edition of this game, which sadly came to an abrupt unexpected end, I'd love to slightly follow this game in open moments.

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein