The Cannonball Run Canada Official Game Thread
  • 208 posts
  • Page 12 of 14
MacEohaid wrote:
Give Ely a break guys, perhaps he is swamped with personal matters. It happens. I'm sure he is going to figure a way to catch up when he has time. Just be patient and enjoy the free ride.
2ofclubs wrote:
MacEohaid
Give Ely a break guys, perhaps he is swamped with personal matters. It happens. I'm sure he is going to figure a way to catch up when he has time. Just be patient and enjoy the free ride.

Wasnt meant as or to be slaming Ely. Was making light of the situation that's all. Life is real and games are fun distraction. Babble with draw'
♣︎♧♣︎♧ nothing but ♥︎ & War.
WRKD4IT
AlexCheckMate wrote:
2ofclubs
MacEohaid

Wasnt meant as or to be slaming Ely. Was making light of the situation that's all. Life is real and games are fun distraction. Babble with draw'
♣︎♧♣︎♧ nothing but ♥︎ & War.

What 2oc said.

I don't want elysium5 to prioritise a silly game over real life matters.
I however do see him login all the time and have him not communicate with us. It's not "normal" to just quit communicating; you can't do that elsewhere either (family/friends/work). You make commitments, you stick with them, or you communicate about not being able to, so other solutions can be found. Exception is when communication isn't possible (which isn't very often in this day and age).

I don't even think elysium5 will disagree with what I said.
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i have no problem playing this game at this pace along with another more traditional mafia game at the same time.
does anybody have one ready to go?
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
MacEohaid wrote:  Posted: Yesterday, 20:29 
Post #171
That was funny TLM.
i am glad you were entertained, but that was not my intent.
i would seriously be interested in somebody starting another game to run simultaneously as this one. that way ely could give updates and info if and whenever he is available without anyone getting frustrated at the delay. if we were only allowed to make our report and speed requests once a week or so = it should not interfere with most players vacations and such.

so i ask again - does anybody have a game ready or that could be ready shortly that you want to host?
is anybody else ready to start an additional mafia game?
Live long and prosper
MacEohaid wrote:
TLM: "At this pace" we could see the end of the millennium at this pace. ha ha.
AlexCheckMate wrote:
elysium5
This is the Cannonball Run.

It is going to be a bit chaotic, just like it was originally intended and just like my life is right now;)

I designed it differently from the first one on purpose, so I could make it more like the crazy one it was intended to be, but doing so in a manner that would accommodate my ability to update in an unfortunately very untimely fashion.

I have recorded the last phases (Tuesdays) selections.

I will not be delaying the game because of my untimely updates. Instead, I will be adjusting the selection deadline and updates.

All racers will now choose selections for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

You will choose by sending me a PM in your official game PM thread with me, not in these forums, indicating your selections.

Please indicate:

Wednesday
All players have the ability in this phase to:

#Pull Over (Insert Colour, Make and Model choice here)

and

#Travel (Insert km/hr here)

Thursday

and

Friday

and

Each of those phases are the standard 4 hours each.

You will then need to sleep for eight hours/2 phases (Saturday and Sunday).

You can still communicate via Private CB channels (PM's that must include me!) or on the open CB channel (this forum) at any time.

I will accept selections right up until 04:00 server time Monday, May 15th.

All racers will be updated on distance traveled and you will her on the dispatch who was reported and who was pulled over.

You will not be able to see who you passed and who passed you but there will be revealed some valuable information when the race 'resumes' on Monday,

This^ is the last I've heard from elysium5 with respect to TCRC; has anyone else received any more recent information since? It's been over 10 days now and I've seen him online daily, so I'm not sure what to think/expect. Anyone?
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Tennesseelogman wrote:
i have not. i thought a few folks mentioned that they had a game ready or nearly ready and wanted to host.
if not, i could put one together by this weekend that would run simultaneously with this one. not too detailed - i literally just thought of it 3 minutes ago. pretty easy to play with a few twist. "By the Numbers mafia". please give your thoughts
Live long and prosper
LandoCalriskian wrote:
As far as I'm concerned this game is just done. I'm going to be less active in a week anyway, so I won't be able to do any mafia game.
Everything you've heard about me is true.
2ofclubs wrote:
LandoCalriskian
As far as I'm concerned this game is just done. I'm going to be less active in a week anyway, so I won't be able to do any mafia game.
I will be pretty much off the grid 6/1 to after father's day as I said before.
WRKD4IT
Rockbert wrote:
Tennesseelogman
i have not. i thought a few folks mentioned that they had a game ready or nearly ready and wanted to host.
if not, i could put one together by this weekend that would run simultaneously with this one. not too detailed - i literally just thought of it 3 minutes ago. pretty easy to play with a few twist. "By the Numbers mafia". please give your thoughts

I would be down for playing one, but do not have one ready nor have I ever hosted one.
"A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people."
- Thomas Mann
Madagascarter wrote:
Give me a few days, and I may be able to host a game. Not a crazy game, but a pretty traditional mafia game. I got a summer job that gives me quite a bit of free time.
Playing Deep Sea Adventure, you can't track me

Summer 2 Countdown

Get your purchases in 2 hours beforehand
2ofclubs wrote:
I should be fully available 6/11. So no worries, you will have me as 1 of your primary targets. ♣︎♣︎
WRKD4IT