:)
  • 2675 posts
  • Page 5 of 179
ChipmunkWarrior wrote:
I will say, d12's community is definitely the best online community I've been a part of
"The tallest beanstalks sway in the wind the most

- Ancient South African Proverb
Hoodlum wrote:
and usually im fine with the family/friend scenario..cept when suspicion arises. eg.. ten had like 4 new members (family) in one game. and of course, the points i were making as far as the obviousness of why i put forth a lynch vote on tenn, all of his family members no lynched, abstained, which saved him. whats going on here? it wasn't a fun scenario,
 tenn getting accused, me accusing. tenn didn't think it was a big deal not to mention that they were family members.
same deal with anaxagore when he brought players in that just signed up to play mafia, 0 risk games.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
ChipmunkWarrior wrote:
Dang...

That sounds really rough. Mafia is one of those games where you have to have follow through from everyone involved that they will do the right thing and play in the spirit of the game.
"The tallest beanstalks sway in the wind the most

- Ancient South African Proverb
2ofclubs wrote:
Does this mean Rom is headed for the gallows pole Day 2? 
I agree with the suspicion but Rom could have just shared the No Lunch (fun) when recruiting/explaining the game . Then Boomoo didn't realize the depth of innocent post made in fun. RL acquaintances is fine if known up front and honorable fair pay.
WRKD4IT
elysium5 wrote:
Just to be active...

For now:

#Abstain
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 is online.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Chat, V98/Ryomyr
Ryomyr said:
21 Mar 2022, 19:42
Do you still need another player?

Virtuosity98 said:
21 Mar 2022, 19:43
Would be great! The more the merrier!

Ryomyr said:
21 Mar 2022, 19:48
Boomoo82 will play.

I am very close irl with Boomoo82. :)

We can disclose that in the forum when she is in.

I fully expect @Ryomyr and @boomoo82 to follow the rules they agreed to.

Ryomyr has been saying "lunch" instead of "lynch" since his second mafia game, which is perfectly fine. He has also expressed wishes that more people adopt his terminology via PM to me, and possibly to others in the past. I imagine he has asked boomoo82 to use "lunch" too. I believe Rockbert has also used the term too, if I am not mistaken.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Abs wrote:
Very interesting set up, not quite clear on how it works yet so #no lynch
Abs is online.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
I come bearing nuggets of wisdom!

Lots of questions asking the benefits of #VISIT [Occupation]. I edited Post#1 (bold, underlined) to make things just a little clearer, without giving anything away:
Post#1
Each Night phase, each player must lock in their plans for the following Day phase, be it #VISIT [Occupation], #OPEN for business, or #RESEARCH. Of the 20 Occupations, only 10 may #OPEN for business (or in other words, only 10 Occupations may be #VISITED).
Visitable Occupations (and respective Locations) (click to show)
#VISITING Occupations yields certain benefits, namely acquisition of knowledge specific to that Location, or benefitting from a service unique to that Location. The Owner would benefit too - it may be an anarchic society, but it's still a capitalistic anarchic society! :P If, however, the Owner did not choose to #OPEN for business, then your action would be wasted.
At the end of the Day phase, you will learn the identity of the Occupation you #VISITED - e.g. If Virtuosity98 #VISITED the mailman, and Fendi was the mailman, then Virtuosity98 would be told:
The mailman was Fendi.

Finally, Locations are simply the 10 visitable Occupations. If you find yourself alone with one other player in any given Location during the Day phase, V98 will create a PM chat between the two of you for that phase. Certain other actions may be Location-limited.

Another question I keep getting has to do with when to submit Night and Day actions. All Night/Day actions should be submitted during the phase in which you want the action to take effect.
e.g. #LYNCH [player name] - submitted during Day phase, takes effect at end of Day phase.
e.g. #KILL [player name] - submitted during Night phase, takes effect at end of Night phase.

The only exception to this, is the Planning actions in preparation for the next Day phase:
Each Night, you must lock in one of the following actions for the coming Day phase (via PM to V98):
#VISIT [Occupation]
#OPEN for business
#RESEARCH
These are submitted during the Night phase, but take effect at the start of the Day phase. Since some Day actions are Location-conditional, everyone has to decide their Location in advance - make sense? I could have solved the problem by adding a Morning phase, but that would have slowed the game down massively.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

ThickTalon wrote:
Still dark outside, there is no information to light the way

#Abstain
periwinkle wrote:
Wow...lots went on in the last 9 hours! 

No worries hood.....tenn just invited me over here....to try it out and put a noob target on my back....lol

#NO LYNCH
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Lynchcount:
No Lynch - Tennesseelogman, 2ofclubs, boomoo82, Rockbert, Abs, periwinkle
boomoo82 - Hoodlum, Anaxagore,
#Abstaining - pygmyhippo277, orzhovboss, Chipmunkwarrior, elysium5, ThickTalon

Vote still needed:
@Ryomyr
@Madagascarter
@jkl3699
@LandoCalriskian
@antrison
@bluegoetz
@jobu
4. No inactivity. Minimalistic posting is a valid strategy, but in this game all living players must at least submit a lynch vote during each Day phase.
Players in breach of these rules will be subject to penalties ranging from loss of night action to complete removal from the game, at my discretion.

Less than 12 hours until deadline...
Day Actions:

Bluegoetz wrote:
#no lynch

Also hood I don’t know if this is what happened but when I play in my phone, my phone does not like the word lynch and auto corrects to lunch, so I have to catch that and fix it. Could be a simple as that, but could be something else?