Signups :)
  • 140 posts
  • Page 2 of 10
periwinkle wrote:
Yes, I'm interested in playing but quite frankly I have never played before and I dunno what I'm doing and I don't want to ruin the game. So I hope you don't mind....ill just be a silent partner of Tennesseelogman? 
orzhovboss wrote:
Tennesseelogman
periwinkle is interested but wants to watch a game first. if it's ok - i will include her in most of my chats so that she can see how a pro plays this game but she will say little or nothing in the forum or PMs. awaiting your encouraging comments :)
a pro? suuuuuuure
jk ;)
Virtuosity98 wrote:
ThickTalon
Count me in
Welcome! It's nice to have fresh interest :) I'll send you a PM to explain a few things.
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
periwinkle
Yes, I'm interested in playing but quite frankly I have never played before and I dunno what I'm doing and I don't want to ruin the game. So I hope you don't mind....ill just be a silent partner of Tennesseelogman? 
Hi Periwinkle - it's great to hear that you're interested :) I would suggest that the best way to learn is to play (:pirate:) but if you want to spectate then that is also fine by me. Since this game that I'm about to host will be decidedly atypical of most mafia games, I think everyone will be learning this one as they go, to some extent. I'm going to send you a PM to figure out your level of understanding before you come to a final decision. From the little I know about you, I'm sure you'd be more than capable of jumping right in :)

In the meantime, here's a reeeeeally old thread that is kind of useful for understanding mafia games here.
https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/1849/a-noobs-guide-to-dxii-mafia
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

elysium5 wrote:
periwinkle
I was sooooo lost my first game :) Don't worry, this isn't like a risk game. We even have strategies for when new players are playing to take advantage of their inexperience and that is also a great way to learn!

If you play, don't worry. Plenty of players will be offering to 'help' or 'guide' you along the way...;):ninja:
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Virtuosity98 wrote:
FLAVOUR (continued):
Underground, fearing an inevitable CIA investigation, researchers scrambled to launch their cover-up plans. They had not foreseen an accident of this magnitude, but they had prepared for one. By the morning, an abandoned, barren lab facility was all that was discovered – no trace of evidence, no hint of culpability.
Spoiler (click to show)
Day Actions:

Abs wrote:
Im in, I will also ask Irob as he was interested
Tennesseelogman wrote:
thanks for the answer 2oc - but you might want to keep it to yourself until i see if you and i are on the same team
Live long and prosper