The race is on!
  • 104 posts
  • Page 7 of 7
AlexCheckMate wrote:
Bluegoetz
Can we get another update?

Yes. Unfortunately... the plan of getting the speed-inhibitors removed is a bit more tricky than expected. This might cause for some delays, but they WILL get removed from my vehicle!
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Tennesseelogman wrote:
how about this just to keep your interest up while we patiently wait and to see how often you check this forum - the first one to send me a private message that correctly identifies the car that i am driving = i will let you know in a pm that you are correct. if you don't hear back from me - it means that either you are wrong or that someone else beat you to it.
Live long and prosper
Tennesseelogman wrote:
oh - fpr some of you that take things literally - only one guess each (otherwise you could guess all the cars you know and likely get it right)
Live long and prosper
elysium5 wrote:
Still working on a new computer. Been a big headache for me but should be over soon. My friend is waiting for a replacement order for himself before he can give me his and the shipping company, UPS, keeps backing of the expected delivery date.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
Got the new computer. Just waiting for my friends new hard drive to arrive so we can make the switch. He needs to transfer his stuff. It should be this week. It has already been delayed a few times but I'm hoping that it can't be much longer.

I am really sorry for the delay. My daughter is not to happy about it either;)
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
I should have updated this sooner. I just replied to Tenn in regards to a status update:

I have a temporary replacement computer from the friend who is taking care of getting me a new one. He is waiting for his new hard drive to be delivered. When he gets it, he will transfer my old laptop info to his computer hard drive, which will be my new hard drive, and I can start it back up.

Basically, I have a loner and when he gets his new computer, I get his old one with all my old data. I had everything for the game saved on Word perfect that I had installed on it well over 10 years ago. My laptop was so old that it wasn't even capable of upgrading past windows 7. The new one I'm getting is a crazy gaming computer. Lots of letters and numbers;) I don't really do that type of gaming but it will certainly be a step up!

I am going to copy and paste this message to the forum thread to keep everyone updated.
Bluegoetz wrote:
It's been 9 weeks. the ocd in me is really tired of leaving this unresolved. I kinda feel like you could have worked this out or made a new spreadsheet, or something. I understand losing your computer is out of your control and I do understand, but this is getting ridiculous. I may be wrong but I also feel like we weren't that far from the end. even if you took a week to work out by hand what happened in a 12 hour period it'd go faster than waiting on this fix. sorry if i'm being rude; and if no one else feels this way, just ignore me.
Hoodlum wrote:
We can start another game in the meanwhile, but. I'd love to finish this one or restart it whenever, it is a cool concept
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
elysium5 wrote:
Excellent idea, and I again apologize for the wait. The only thing I can tell you about the last phase is that someone used the roadblock so it will make the finale very interesting.