8. huskers01
9. Anaxagore
10. Mayba
11. WMatar
12. Vicious
13. Kyla
14. dough_boy
15. rodd
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
As requested, this will be the official game thread. The race begins in just about 24 hours from now. Good Luck!

Edit: I fixed the start time. When I first made this post I skipped a day;)

The race will officially begin at Midnight, Saturday Night, 12 PM server time.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
AlexCheckMate wrote:
I'd also like to read the other post from the other thread in this thread, so therefore, I'll quote elysium5 here:

elysium5
The First D12 Cannonball Run!

From a secret location in Connecticut to a secret location in California, who can get to the finish line first?

The race will cover a total of 3000 miles (distance being calculated in US terminology as it is being held in the US) or 4800 kilometres for, well, basically, the rest of the world except maybe parts of Europe.
*disclaimer, I've always lived right on the Canada/US border in two different Provinces and still prefer to know how far a trip is in miles, not kilometres, how much rain or snow is falling in inches and feet, not centimetres and meters, and the temperature in Fahrenheit, not Celsius!:ninja:

Every entered vehicle is equipped with a speed inhibitor that limits the speed of each vehicle to 160 mph or 256 km/h.

The Safety Enforcement Unit wants to stop the cross-country outlaw race and law enforcement is out in full force watching for Cannonballers.

All players have at least one Day Action every day that allows them to call the police and #Distract a player and one Night Action every night that allows them to #Sabotage a player plus any additional chosen or traded actions..

Theoretically, you could finish the race in 18.75 hours if you are able to avoid all efforts to #Distract or #Sabotage you. That is highly unlikely, so how fast the winner wins the race is dependent on the winner and their Actions/strategy as well as all the participants of the race and how they employ their own strategies/Actions.

Each Phase will be a potential Four Hours of advancement (640 miles or 1040 kilometres). If you are not Distracted or Sabotaged, you will complete each Four Hour Phase in Four Hours. If you are #Distracted or #Sabotaged, you will be reduced time accordingly. Your individual time can not be reduced more than four hours per phase, regardless of the application of any individual or combination use of Actions collectively.
*This includes the use of #Roadblocks during any Phase.

The race will officially begin at Midnight, Saturday Night, 12 PM server time. (43 hours and 40 minutes from this post).

Good luck Cannonbballers!

Furthermore... I've only just now read the game PM as I got per elysium5 (& this post^).... am I to assume there are no 'set teams' ? like maffia vs town? it's 1v1v1....v1 (15)?
Interesting concept... not sure yet what to think of it (makes sense with the 'theme' though: Cannonball race).
Also, I guess everyone received the same PM by elysium5? So we'll only differ by the choices we make (which extra ability and how/when to use)? There is not someone who can e.g. destroy someone's vehicle, or bribe the police, or?

Participants, start revving your engines! Good luck everyone :)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
elysium5 wrote:
Everyone received the same PM. Everyone gets the same choices. The question is who is the most devious, evasive, manipulative, destructive, sneaky, better driver? First to the finish line! Rev em' up! 2 hours to start time!

Get your vehicle descriptions in if you haven't yet and don't forget to choose you extra action option!

* If you don't choose a vehicle before the end of the first phase, I will choose one for you.

** If you don't choose your extra action option right away, you can still choose it at any time during the game but you must decide before you can use an extra action.
elysium5 wrote:
The first phase has begun. It is a Day Phase. It will last for 24 hours.

Through word of mouth, all the participants know who is in the race but they don't know which vehicles they are driving.
https://dominating12.com/forums/5/off-topic/3348/the-cannonball-run-official-game-thread/post/59178#post-59178
Participants will individually be made aware at the end of each phase any vehicle that pulls ahead of them by the end of the phase. At the speeds you will be travelling, it will be obvious that any vehicle passing you is likely to be a Cannoballer and so give away the vehicle(s) in the race.

The police are on full alert and out in force knowing that the race is taking place so everyone beware!

As a result of each player not knowing any participants vehicles until the end of the first phase, it will be impossible to:
If you know or correctly guess the target players #Vehicle when using your #Distraction, it helps the police much more and the delay, if successful, is doubled.
Choosing a target player for your action in the first phase will only result in a lucky random pull over for the player targeted delaying them normally without the additional possibility of doubling the time delay by guessing the targets vehicle as well.

To be clear, you will only be able to use #Distraction as well as any additional #Extra Action that may apply and NOT combine it with choose #Vehicle for the double delay in this first phase.

As a side note, this is very different from a regular game I would think as I am only familiar with playing them here. Nobody dies so I thought it would make it more fun to keep everyone involved throughout the whole game.

That being said, if this game is used for stats or points, I would say that the winner gets three, the 2nd place gets two and 3rd place gets one. Hopefully that works.

Good Luck and the race is on! Go!
elysium5 wrote:
Just a reminder, all trades must be approved by me in a PM before you can use it. They will be approved if they are legit and can still be processed the same day intended for use but no shenanigans like pretending to trade something you don't have.
elysium5 wrote:
Just over an hour left in the first phase. Get your #Distraction in if you haven't already!

All actions must be submitted in your original Cannonball Run I.D. & Entry PM.
elysium5 wrote:
First phase Day 1 is over. I will update shortly and send out PM's after doing a bunch of "mathy" things.
elysium5 wrote:
Actions are in and the results have been sent to each player. Are you winning or losing? Compare notes and figure it out!
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Hi Anax :) obviously the smart move is to claim you were delayed so that no-one will target you further. Would you like to prove that you were indeed delayed? Feel free to prove it to us :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Drivers entered in the race:
1. @Hoodlum
2. @Sygmassacre
3. @Jimi
4. @AlexCheckMate
5. @Tennesseelogman
6. @Bluegoetz
7. @Virtuosity98
8. @huskers01
9. @Anaxagore
10. @Mayba
11. @WMatar
12. @Vicious
13. @Kyla
14. @dough_boy
15. @rodd

List with links (so we can see who's online but is trying to slip under the radar) :)
Anyone online but not replying or posting is clearly trying to win by remaining inconspicuous. I will delay and sabotage anyone who I feel is trying to sneak their way to victory. Because that would be very frustrating and a bit of a wasted game :(:)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).