• 146 posts
  • Page 10 of 10
dough_boy wrote:
Tennesseelogman
no - anax was the target but got saved

On the second night? That is when Syg was going to save me and himself.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Anaxagore
Virtuosity98
gg everyone, seems like the townies got lucky with night actions... congrats dough on surviving to the end! :P

How realistic do we think a 14 player game is?

We are 9, I think we may reach 12.. 14 looks hard.

Are you thinking of Money and Mask Season 2?

Haha I would love it but it was way too complicated ^^ The money and masks took so long to mod every day, it was a bit ridiculous! And slightly flawed because of a couple of abilities. This would be more accessible to newer players but still pretty unique :)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

elysium5 wrote:
There are a lot of comments I want to make and I would also like some feedback so I will be posting here when I can and would very much appreciate any constructive criticism. It was my first game hosting and I wanted to keep the actions simple but also wanted to give out extra actions in some cases to give it a little bit of depth.

I think this particular theme could be a very different game each time depending on play mechanics with a slight tweak here and there with characters and abilities.

I will post the characters and their role abilities and I hope you will see how even with a 9 player game with 7 vs 2 as the split that with some interesting possibilities it could have been a factor for either faction. It really just depended on information gathered during the first night and how it was used.

I would really like to thank everyone for playing and would welcome all feedback- don't hold back on anything negative- because I really do like this kind of game and hope I can participate both as a player and as a host in many more!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Sygmassacre wrote:
Tennesseelogman
Youre welcome anax
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Anaxagore wrote:
Sygmassacre
Tennesseelogman
Youre welcome anax

yeah thx for the heal
Anaxagore wrote:
Nice hosting elysium.
I think the wording difference in townies pms was interesting. It could easily have lead to a townies bloodbath in a more difficult set up with no clear paths to follow.
elysium5 wrote:
Because I went with 7-2 I wanted to make it more difficult for town to get along so easy by making each roles wording or layout, etc. a little diffent from each other but not much so it wouldn't be noticed at first.I thought the town would tear themselves apart about it before realizing what I did.

I also gave the Professor the ability to receive most players roles and capabilities in hopes that maybe the Professor would claim someone else's role right off the bat to get an edge.

In case anyone was wondering, the assignments were completely random.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
elysium5 wrote:
I also didn't want the abilities to be too difficult because I didn't want to tangle myself up with possible game ruining actions/consequences before getting a feel for hosting a game. I wanted to keep it relatively simple.
dough_boy wrote:
I thought it was a good change of pace. Really the only thing I think that should have been tweaked is Hood's role. Instead of saying #Find Watson it would be something like #is Syg Watson. Then he would get back yes or no. After the first night 50% of the town (that was left) was verified. We decided to trust Anax, and with his vote power it assured us that no matter what (unless Mafia had a counter power) that town would control the lynch. So this meant it was a 4 on 2 with 2 in the wings. We lynched one of the wing people and then verified the other that night giving us 5 on 2.

We also never really got to use the multi inspectors together and the one who would inadvertently kill a townie if they investigated a mafia.