Let the madness begin
  • 591 posts
  • Page 1 of 40
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Money and Masks Mafia Game

9 Town
3 Mafia
2 Neutral (one “hostile neutral”, who cannot win with the Town or the Mafia. The other neutral can win alone, with the Town, with the Mafia, or with the hostile neutral.)

1. Hoodlum
2. Anaxagore
3. Paulcha
4. Elysium5
5. Sygmassacre
6. Kyla
7. Muzthebus
8. Huskers01
9. Mayba
10. GM_Archiee
11. CheekyTeeky
12. Jimmy1066
13. Dough_boy
36. AlexCheckMate

Mask Colours:
Red
Orange
Yellow
Leaf Green
Dark Green
Sky Blue
Dark Blue
Purple
Pink
Black
White
Grey
Brown
Beige
Turquoise
Gold
Endearing Seal

FLAVOUR:
An isolated town's long-standing mayor died mysteriously overnight. Some question whether mafia were involved. The town decides to re-elect a new mayor every day until the crisis is averted.
Meanwhile the town falls into anarchy - everyone fashions themselves a mask and crime soars through the roof. A new store has recently opened with questionable products, but fearful or troublemaking customers only dare enter behind their masks.
Every morning, the town assembles unmasked to elect a new mayor, and every afternoon a lynching is held, again unmasked.
Will the town be able to cooperate amid the chaos, discover the mafia, and restore the peace? And watch out, because some people out there care for no-one but themselves.

GAME MECHANICS: (click to show)

Finally, a list of Items, and a more detailed list of the Day and Night Actions:
ITEMS: (click to show)
DAY ACTIONS: (click to show)
NIGHT ACTIONS: (click to show)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:
• #LYNCH [player], #NO LYNCH, #ABSTAIN in forum thread.
• Role-specific actions (via PM with V98).

Virtuosity98 wrote:
It is now Night 0. Please conduct any actions you wish to perform (Role PMs to come shortly).
Night 0 will end in 24 hours (countdown).
NIGHT ACTIONS: (click to show)
It is now Day 8. Please submit your Lynch vote, as well as any Role-specific Day actions you wish to perform (countdown).
Day Actions:

Hoodlum wrote:
ok. i've sent you all the same message. no doubt that's suspicious cause as mayba who was mafia last game said i was suspicious, was really suspicious for saying that and that's why he had to die from the psychopath. anyone saying i'm suspicious is probably mafia trying to give town/neutral someone to focus on. :)
i haven't fully read all the game mechanics thoroughly, but if i'm alive after a few days still then it's probably because i'm mafia or can't be killed at night. then you should be suspicious. if you are town just like me..then i'm usually good for getting intel. don't avoid me..be bold and play the game ;)
good luck
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
elysium5 wrote:
That all sounds suspicious, Hood;)
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
Sygmassacre wrote:
elysium5
That all sounds suspicious, Hood;)
Mayba will be the judge of that!!
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Less than 7 hours to send in night actions.
Day Actions:

AlexCheckMate wrote:
Virtuosity98
It is now Night 0. Please conduct any actions you wish to perform (Role PMs to come shortly).
Night 0 will end in 24 hours (countdown)

So... I take it you have not switched to 16h sessions? Or?
Does this mean that from now on, all phases will be updated 17:32 GMT+1 (provided nothing "unexpected" happens)? - or, maybe not updated - but officially end at that point? (so, even if you do not post at that time, lynch votes from 17:33 and further will be invalid?)

PS - sooooooooooo love my #36 <3

as for @Hoodlum

Strange story there mate..... you publicly confess that you haven't properly read through the game mechanics? no offense.... but that means you're a liability (to town)... I suggest you read up again :3
As for the message I received from you..... very weird too =D but then again..... let's not jump to any conclusions too quick here; I'll just have it swiffle through my head for some time before I dare start make any connections (publicly), as they might otherwise be fully grounded on nothing but thin air

Enjoy the game mates! =)

-Alex
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Hoodlum wrote:
sounds like your suspicious of me alex :)
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Virtuosity98 wrote:
AlexCheckMate
Virtuosity98
Night 0 will end in 24 hours (countdown)

So... I take it you have not switched to 16h sessions? Or?
Does this mean that from now on, all phases will be updated 17:32 GMT+1 (provided nothing "unexpected" happens)? - or, maybe not updated - but officially end at that point? (so, even if you do not post at that time, lynch votes from 17:33 and further will be invalid?)

PS - sooooooooooo love my #36 <3

-Alex

I will probably vary the length of the phases depending on how I feel. There will always be a countdown though so everything is clear. Actions submitted after the deadlines will not be counted (but I reserve the right to make exceptions to this rule if I want).
Day Actions:

AlexCheckMate wrote:
Hoodlum
sounds like your suspicious of me alex :)

Nah, I don't have any suspicious this early on (and even if I did... I wouldn't make them public :p) - just saying that what you're saying makes my toes curl up a bit :3

@Virtuosity98 sounds good to me. I love exceptions (assuming you judge them fairly :p)

In case I die tonight (who knows?! ^^), I want to post this just before the deadline, ghehe. I did not run for mayor, not because I didn't want to, but because I wasn't able to afford the 1 coin it takes :(
Furthermore, did anyone notice there's 16 colours for the masks, while there's only 14 players? #confused Anyone with any thoughts on that? =)

-Alex

*fingers crossed to survive :D*
“Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”

― Albert Einstein
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Really sorry everyone. I have to extend the Night Phase for a couple of hours. Night 0 will end in approximately 3 hours (countdown).
Day Actions:

Virtuosity98 wrote:
Night 0 is over. I will respond to individual Night Actions as soon as possible.

Town News - Day 1 (click to show)

It is now Morning 1. Please conduct any actions you wish to perform.

Morning 1 will end in 20 hours (countdown).

Morning Actions: (click to show)
Day Actions:

dough_boy wrote:
I am not following how Syg was elected, I don't see anything where he volunteered.
Virtuosity98 wrote:
Countdown didn't work. Morning 1 will end in less than 20 hours (countdown).

@dough_boy:
He hasn't been elected. But he is the only candidate.

He was the only player who chose to #RUN FOR ELECTION during Night 0 (this is done via PM to me).

He will be elected if he receives one #ELECT vote.
Day Actions: