Game is starting
  • 276 posts
  • Page 8 of 19
JamesKer1 wrote:
Madagascarter said:
02:05 PM, 17 December 2014
Hello Jamesker1. You are an inspector and every night you can inspect a player to see if they are one of the mafia clan or an inspector. To inspect you need to write in this PM "NX – inspect USER". However you may be a sane inspector (always inspects correctly), insane inspector (always inspects incorrectly), paranoid inspector (always sees the target as mafia) or naïve inspector (always sees the target as an inspector. You win when all of the mafia have been defeated.
JamesKer1 said:
11:18 PM, 17 December 2014
Target myself please!
Madagascarter said:
08:39 AM, 18 December 2014
Can't inspect self
JamesKer1 said:
09:45 AM, 18 December 2014
That sucks. UP didn't convince you to put this in place did he? :)
Madagascarter said:
04:39 PM, 18 December 2014
No please say who u inspect
JamesKer1 said:
10:37 PM, 18 December 2014
I'll go with UP
4960epic said:
11:39 PM, 18 December 2014
Results: inspector

Sorry for any discrepancies in format- posting from multiple devices and they all copy differently.
Hoodlum wrote:
UltrasPlot - Dec 20, 08:12 PM
Also James' log is somewhat suspicious:

Madagascarter said:
04:39 PM, 18 December 2014
No please say who u inspect
JamesKer1 said:
10:37 PM, 18 December 2014
I'll go with UP
4960epic said:
11:39 PM, 18 December 2014
Results: inspector

The bolded comment is rather strange. James knows what this game is about and he certainly would not mis-send in a night action. Also I personally have never seen epix on beyond 2330 EST...

??
James's comments in post #87 doesn't show up as any bold text to me.

Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum wrote:
Just you lol. If not going on my theory here, I would say UP would be the best lynch candidate since you got the most inspects = 3. Want to take one for the team?
JamesKer1 wrote:
Hoodlum - Dec 21, 01:47 AM
Just you lol. If not going on my theory here, I would say UP would be the best lynch candidate since you got the most inspects = 3. Want to take one for the team?

I'm actually sticking with Kelly. I think with as many inspects as we have on UP, it may help us all to figure out how sane we are to keep him alive and get more inspects for reference. If we don't have results from Kelly, not only does that mess up any logic that could be thought through, it's also a huge red flag as mafia to lay low and not be singled out for fudging results.

However, it works both ways I will say. Mafia should have fudged to avoid early suspicion.

Wow I guess I officially am the worst at making a decent argument.

Unlynch until I make my mind up. But you are still number one on my list.
UltrasPlot wrote:
lynching the only guy that knows how to solve these games well is generally a bad idea

which is why you were all supposed to inspect alex xD
UltrasPlot wrote:
Hoodlum: Virtuosity98 = Mafia
UltrasPlot: AlexvanStell = Inspector
OXEN: JamesKer1 = Mafia
JamesKer1: UltrasPlot = Inspector
Virtuosity98: AlexvanStell = Mafia
evilspyguy: UltrasPlot = Inspector
Sygmassacre: Kelllyxc92 = Inspector
AlexvanStell: UltrasPlot = Mafia
Kellyxc92: ? = ?

---

First off I HEAVILY doubt that Kelly is mafia. I have not seen her online often and I also believe that Madagascarter was waiting for her inspect then finally decided to give up. (hence the lull)

AlexvanStell lynch actually gives us more information than an Ultra lynch because I know what the hell I'm doing and can clear people with math (I've played a ton of these games before). Meanwhile, Alex hasn't really contributed too much. At this point I will take the time to OMGUS Hoodlum, then proceed to give my actual thoughts.

Case File 1: Virtuo double inspect result.

While I believe that 4960epic is indeed gullible and often makes issues (lol) he knows enough to fix it immediately or perhaps even force-sub on this error. Madagascarter intervening is most unusual. We know Hood is able to fake logs - we also know Hood is getting quite good at this deception game. (Even I was caught off guard underestimating in Matrix.) This could EASILY be a ploy to clean himself and his mafia partner Virtuo... but that is going a bit too speculative.

Case File 2: Trying to lynch Ultra.

Mafia is naturally disadvantaged in this type of game since village has the capability to 'solve' it if they know what they're doing. He may have tried to have himself and his scum partner inspect me and thus have grounds for lynching me to remove the solver behind the village (very probable if I die tonight) - as in the event I survive through night one, two inspect results are usually enough for me to piece together the game.

This is simply an analysis, and a mild FoS.

I do not say that we should lynch Hoodlum. I say only that we should pay more attention to his plays...

I now believe that Kelly and NEXO are clear, unless:
MODERATOR: 1. Did you require a NX - Idling PM from Mafia?
2. Did you provide how inspect results would be given to Mafia?

I'm going to spend a bit more time trying to piece together stuff, but I need Kelly's result...
UltrasPlot wrote:
I forgot to include that the following users should give their opinion or be subject to policy lynch:
- Kellyxc92 (even if you're probably clean we need your inspect result)
- AlexvanStell
- evilspyguy
Hoodlum wrote:
"UP - Analytical / Knows the game, but might know too much, when it's just simple." quoted by Hoodlum
"Hoodie - Thinks he knows it all and he got it under controll" quoted by OXEN

The best leads we have so far in this game are the mod's mistakes. I think there are a few.
epic with giving me V98 as inspector, later madagascarter giving me V98 as Mafia.

That's something to go on. It tells me that V98 is an inspector.

(Yeah you should be weary that I could pull that off as a disguise, touché. I'll have a think on how
I would of played as a mafia)

Madagascarter revealing that he got 4 inspections, when there were 5 of us active at the time.
Madagascarter revealing anything about this is a mistake, because it leads me to pounce on something. It forced
James to have an excuse immediately. James could have also just said he was one of those 4. I could speculate
it was a quick cover up and James is paying attention to this game.

Madagascarter further insinuates that he was waiting for a player. That only means that he was waiting for an
inspection action, this coincides with Kelly being in-active. This tells me that Kelly is an inspector.

These are the players I have as inspectors.

The 4 confirmed.   Others

Hoodlum        V98 (double result from town - mafia)
UltrasPlot      Kelly (revealed as waited on for result meaning inspector)
OXEN
Syg.

we know that alex wasn't in this 4, he asked for help so that's proven. we know James isn't in this group he admitted to it and
gave reasons for it. we know kelly wasn't in this 4 because she missed out all together.

Those that got their inspect actions within this 4 could be V98 or evilspyguy.
V98 and evilspyguy can confirm whether they did theirs early or not. If they did not, then I am on the right track.

So I have James / evilspyguy and Alex as not confirmed through mod mistakes.

Hoodlum wrote:
and you wouldn't imagine that madagascarter would put both new players together as mafia players.
Sygmassacre wrote:
So lets abstain from voting until we have a clearer picture after the next round of inspects. It will still be 6-2 and we are still ahead of the mafia. We will have more info and avoid a mis-lynch and maybe can work out from who the mafia kill, why the did so
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Hoodlum wrote:
I just noticed that within those 3, they all also inspected UP. (Well at least 1 of them really did). I'm inclined to think that Alex is inspector, I don't expect madagascarter would have intervened to coach alex if he was mafia, the other mafia would just do it. someone experienced.

My early prediction. James & evilspyguy.