Game is starting
  • 276 posts
  • Page 2 of 19
UltrasPlot wrote:
yeah we can all inspect someone and then lynch him for the flip...

james I was just pointing something out, ive played many of these games... if madag decides to allow it we should all do that ;)
JamesKer1 wrote:
UltrasPlot - Dec 18, 02:17 AM
yeah we can all inspect someone and then lynch him for the flip...

james I was just pointing something out, ive played many of these games... if madag decides to allow it we should all do that ;)

How would lynching based off of choices made night 0 help us whatsoever? Besides knowing how crazy all of us are?

77% chance of hitting town. I don't like those odds.
UltrasPlot wrote:
point being:

if we all inspect a person then lynch them the flip tells us who's sane, insane, paranoid, and naïve. Thusly, at the cost of one townie max we solve the game and all that remains is to hunt out the mafia, using confirmed cop powers. (3 accurate checks - sane + 2x insane)

UltrasPlot wrote:
Ok. Our inspect target is Alexvanstell.

Simply put killing off a big name D1 isn't the smartest thing ever...

be putting in action change soon, any objections should and can be raised
Sygmassacre wrote:
At first I though we should all target one player but the roles are there for all to see so the mafia can just post a fake inspect which, along with the insane and naive results won't give us a clearer picture at all. Now mafia are gonna have to choose a role to portray and will be found out eventually but it may be too late by then. At least if we all inspect ourselves and post the results, once one of us are lynched we will have a better understanding and maybe can work out from the results which person was insane etc. The mafia will be forced to fake claim prior to the lynch and if one chooses sane and that one is lynched we will know who was lying. The odds of working out who is who from any results are probably less than just lynching a random anyway
A Harmonic Generator Intermodulator
 Σ
Hoodlum wrote:
Ok so I have inspected myself, I guess I'll find out soon if it's allowed. It
seems like the best idea to find out what characteristic you are (sane/insane/paranoid or naive)
I'm assuming if you are sane, you wouldn't want to reveal this though if you want to stay alive,
you would be a mafia target, so the issue with this plan is by day 1 if we all paste here our characteristic roles
truthfully, that would mean that the sane one/s make themselves targets. Since there are 3 mafia then there are
6 inspectors divided up in 4 characteristics (this would sum out as 1/1/2/2 or 1/1/1/3) there could be 1, 2 or 3 sane ones.
For game balance what would be more likely? my probable guess is paranoid/naive/insane/insane/sane/sane.

Day 1 lynch would be guesswork. If we lynch right, perfect. If we lynch wrong that's gonna make the following day
4 inspectors 3 mafia (yikes!). If we don't lynch at all day 1, it will be 3 mafia 5 inspectors left.

Overall, I can't see how inspecting ourselves is a bad rule it doesn't necessarily give any side an advantage.

oops sorry for the edit.. forgot. re-read and corrected for interpretation
Warrant ☰ ★Officer I and a Gentleman
Hoodlum is online.
UltrasPlot wrote:
@Syg, if you actually read the article: it works, assume each person is a mafia fakeclaiming in order and see if it is possible at all.

@Hood, I doubt it will succeed but if we got mod clarification on the rules I guess it's everyone inspect themselves! ;) Also Hood:

Madagascarter
1 sane inspector
2 insane inspectors
2 Paranoid inspectors
2 Naive inspectors
2 mafia

Only two mafia, this should be a breeze.
Hoodlum wrote:
hmm, i just had a look at the mafia role. I am pretty sure it has been edited since I first looked at it pre-game.

"Hello USER. You are a mafia and sided with the mafia gang [USER]. Every night you may kill someone by writing in this PM "NX – kill USER". That player will be dead by morning. Your clan can only kill one person per night and can't kill Night 0. You win when there aren't enough inspectors left to kill the mafia!"

I'm pretty sure I read this, that's why I thought there were 3.

"Hello USER. You are a mafia and sided with the mafia gang [USER] and [USER]"

So by this, it does look like 2 mafia. That's not so bad then for a day 1 mistake lynch.

Hoodlum is online.
UltrasPlot wrote:
which is exactly why I decided a townie is expendable here, and if we hit mafia our win is essentially guaranteed...

of course everyone inspecting themselves is an alternative if and only if it's allowed (a better alternative, indeed) but it's about as absurd as mounting a cute and fuzzy kitten defense as it defeats the point of this type of game. 
UltrasPlot wrote:
anyways... im gonna drop a conditional switch in madag's inbox, you guys should too... Alexvanstell or Evilspyguy are our targets tonight, I prefer Alexvanstell just because he's earlier in alphabetical order (stupid I know) but eh its open to interpretation. I'm against lynching anyone who's known to be skilled in this type of scenario which means if we do the townie sac (or mafia sac, if we get lucky!) I would prefer it on someone other than myself, oxen, syggy, hood, etc.
UltrasPlot wrote:
on a less serious note

there's a dxii tradition (kinda) on bandwagoning the co-mod night zero. therefore without further ado:

LYNCH 4960epic
Hoodlum wrote:
lol before the game started, if it came down to a vote sacrifice, it was V98, why? because he's NEVER been mafia :), made that clear in last game too, that could have been a decisive factor for handing out these roles. :D
Hoodlum is online.
UltrasPlot wrote:
well hood that could be probable but then I considered that the more brainpower that goes into day one the scummier a person could seem... no hiding. Therefore we lynch someone who we expect too not contribute as much. ANY information contribution that is not a logical fallacy (easy scumtell) favors town... it could even incriminate himself! No 5th amendment in kiwi and mafiaville!