Pntbttr & Leedog
  • 122 posts
  • Page 1 of 9
Thorpe wrote:
The ocean is the wrong color...same color as some other map...need some thing different, more of a greenish color maybe...?

I like the bridges but the red one...the two-tone does not work though.

The Golden Gate Bridge has to really stand out! Maybe more one a angle shot and not a hooker red..."The red light district" ..Does not work! Why is it called the Golden Date Bridge and not the "Red Light"one ...lol

The text does not show what you were trying to do with it and caused it to be washed out..try a black outline to get the medal look to them.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
PsymonStark wrote:
In brown region, Martinez and Orinda have no borders between the lakes...
Living proof that everyone can be a brilliant great good decent cartographer.
Pntbttr wrote:
I noticed that there were two Richmonds...I will fix that for the next update...
Vexer wrote:
Nice catch Psymon.

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by this map. I didn't know you two were working on it. Who did the colors? I think they look pretty good.

I would like to see a different background though. Try a light blue color.
Vexer wrote:
The bonuses are wrong for two of the regions. The one you have worth 5 is only worth 3. It only has 3 borders to defend. And the purple region (the one that includes Alcatraz) should be worth 4. because it has 8 territories and 4 borders.
Cireon wrote:
Ik think I like the Golden Gate as it is, it is clear enough. What I don't like is the very long bridges, the basic idea of them is fine, but making them that long doesn't looks very good to me. I would also maybe make the two colours on the bridge blend a bit more instead of a hard line in the middle.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Thorpe wrote:
Cireon thank-you for the comments...I wish other players would comment also! Pass the word around. Can't wait till you start helping with programing!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
I agree with Cireon that the bridges are too long, and the colours need some blending.
If you can't get them shorter without waisting the sea, maybe you should just make them connection lines.

I love the golden gate bridge :)

Also, you have lots of borders going really straight, or being precise circle-curves. Is that so in reallity? Or is it lazyness or so. Cause straight lines look so unnatural. I know they are there in Afrika, because of historic stupidities, but do they have that in San Fransisco too?

I also like the ocean, but there is not much difference with the mainland. Its not a big problem, but a little bit more difference would be nice.

Also, I love the font for the map name :D
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Pntbttr wrote:
I didn't make the outline for the map so I don't really know if that is how it is supposed to be...Leedog will have to answer that question...
Thorpe wrote:
Ok I am out voted on the bridge,Golden Gate, but is it not the biggest bridge there? I just do not know what it is but it is a landmark and it should hit me like a ton of bricks when I see it...like in real life! Right now it looks so small and the other bridges over power it. Where did you find the other bridges? I would like a copy of them so maybe I could us them on another map.
Pntbttr wrote:
...find? I didn't find them...I totally started from scratch...I just made them...
Leedog wrote:
The bridges were not arbitrarily put there to make them longer... they are actually that long in real life compared to size of map and in that exact location in the bay.

The Golden Gate Bridge, being the landmark it is, should stand out and be red, just like in real life and not be the same as the other bridges on the map.

Matty, the lines are somewhat of a loose representation of counties in the state. The county I live in (Cook County) has no curved lines.

Leedog wrote:
Also, I think Butters did a great job on the bridges... in my opinion, best on D-12.