Pntbttr & Leedog
  • 122 posts
  • Page 3 of 9
Vexer wrote:
Overall this is a good update. I like the new water color. I'll wait to decide between grey bridges or colored until the grey is fixed.

I agree with everything matty said except that I am fine with the mini map border.

To reiterate what he said, blend the grey on the bridge instead of the land

Make the orange more red half way between where it is now and where it was.

The title needs to be more black.

Try sharpening the outline layer. If paint.net can't get it done right then you can send me the file and I can sharpen it up using GIMP.
Pntbttr wrote:
...I will not update the mini map until we decide on the bridges...and I may change the mini map border a bit but I like how it stands out...

color:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/sanfrancisco5jpeg.jpg/

grey:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/sanfrancisco5jpeggrey.jpg/
Vexer wrote:
Now the color goes on to the bridge too far. The blending should occurs at toward the very end of the bridge and only be like 4 pixels wide.

Don't forget about making the title blacker or the outline sharper.

Golden Gate bridge is better.
Pntbttr wrote:
this update was just for the bridges...I'll update the other stuff once we decide on the bridges...I'll work on the grey bridges again...
Thorpe wrote:
I like the grey bridges better ..but bring it closer to the land and I think you may have got it. I like the Golden Gate better also...does it look better if it was wider with the grey in the middle?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Leedog wrote:
Thorpe, I think that is a great suggestion (if can be done) to make Golden Gate wider to match other bridges!
Pntbttr wrote:
I don't know if making it wider would make it look better...it's the same width as the other bridges...but the supporters make it look smaller...It would take me a lot more time to do that...
Leedog wrote:
Sounds good Butters, didn't know they were already the same size as the others. :o
Thorpe wrote:
Because the supporters cover the grey I just thought it would be nice to see the grey better and I think it would make the supports stand out better and not blend together the red/orange so much ...just cut the bridge in half and move half of it over and fill it (blank spot) in with grey...not hard at all
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Pntbttr wrote:
...actually it's much harder than that...there is a texture on the bridges and there is also a texture on the ocean...and I have a ton of layers for the bridge...I would have to redo the textures so they fit with the bridge and then I would have to move like 10 layers exactly the same amount and then color in the missing color on the color layer and I would have to redo the shading layers...

That would take about 2 hours...I don't want to spend that much time on something that might not even look good...):
Vexer wrote:
looks better but I think the gray on the bridges is too dark.
Thorpe wrote:
and they need to be closer to the land...the grey
Matty wrote:
I agree with both of them :)
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria