Pntbttr & Leedog
  • 122 posts
  • Page 6 of 9
Leedog wrote:
I like both the green and blue versions of ocean... so which ever one is chosen works for me.
Fendi wrote:
Personally, I like Vexers version more. The colours are more appealing and the overall map looks much cleaner. There are however a few things that needs to be changed.
The territory line between Foster City (blue region) and Atherton (red region) needs to be redrawn to make it more clear if those two territories can attack each other. I also think you should do the same with Sequoyah and Danville (both in green region)and Union City (blue region) and Pleasanton (brown region).

Great work everyone.
Thorpe wrote:
I think they are clear enough and remember I that am old. Maybe you should use two eyes and not just the one.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Thorpe wrote:
So Vexer this map is done?
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
Owh, this map has become pretty indeed, good work everyone!

I personally like Vexer's version a little bit better. The colours feel really nice, and the texture is not that outstanding anymore.
And wow, a bright blue ocean by vexer, I dont get to see that so often :P Really nice!

The text on the ocean is readable, but doesnt draw any attention, thats perfect.
The other fonts are awesome, though the title is really bright.
Still, I would prefer to judge on that one after I see the minimap - I didnt have problems with it before, so it might be fine anyways.

But why did you have to put another blue region in it?
And from all tints blue, its light blue, almost equal to the ocean.
I mean, its a nice colour, but I hardly can see it this way.
Cant you make it green or so?

For now the best I can think of is to give the bottom-right blue region the colour of the bottom left blue region.
And make the bottom left blue region green (I'd say a little bit ligther than the other green region, but not too much).

Is that "extra border between the two lakes" as thick as the others? It looks a bit tinner, but im not sure.

Did I say the bridges are awesome? I probably did, but just want to say it again, they are awesome!
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
Well Matty, i did an update to address your concerns but I didn't do your suggestions. I tried something different. I did not use your suggestion to make the blue region that is next to the yellow region green because I don't think yellow and green look good next to each other. Yellow and blue on the other hand looks great. So I increased the intensity of that blue in hopes that in would stand out from the ocean better. I replaced the other problem blue with purple.

Does this work? If everyone agrees that it's better then pntbttr can do the mini map and we also need caps.

The_Bishop are you going to try the caps for this map?

http://dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/San%20Francisco%209.jpg
Cireon wrote:
I would give the lower blue region the same colour as the upper blue region. Stands out just a little bit more. Map has become great.
“This is how humans are: We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question.”
- Speaker for the Dead, O.S. Card
Matty wrote:
Better, but the purple is too dark next to the brown.

And since no region has exactly the same colour, its better to have two different blue regions.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Vexer wrote:
here it is with the purple a little lighter.

http://dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/San%20Francisco%2010.jpg

all we need now is for pntbttr to do the mini map and someone to volunteer to do the capitals placements.
The_Bishop wrote:
Nice map! Well, I'm not sure who is the best painter of the site! :P

Here my dream of the night:

2p - Vallejo, Redwood City (yellow)
3p - Noe Valley, Tassajara, Redwood City (green)
4p - San Francisco, Wallnut Creek, Livermore, Millbrae (red)

5p - Noe Valley, Danville, Tassajara, Ashland, Redwood City (yellow)
6p - move from Tassajara to Brentwood, add Vallejo (green)
7p - add Niles (red)

8p - Pacific Heights, Richmond, Moraga, Bay Point, Livermore, Freemont, Atherton, San Bruno (yellow)
9p - Bolinas, Vallejo, Antioch, San Ramon, San Leandro, San Jose, Redwood City, Half Moon Bay, Hunters Point (red)

[image]

If confirmed Hunters Point needs the circle moved down for not cover the text.

Now I play one and go to work!
«God doesn't play dice with the World» ~ Albert Einstein
Vexer wrote:
Thanks!

I won't have time to look at these until the weekend but Thorpe can also approve them if he gets to it before me. Thorpe, if you do approve them then you can input them yourself or ask pntbttr to do it.

Anyone's input is appreciated.
Pntbttr wrote:
Sorry I've been kinda busy lately because school just started...but I will try to get some stuff done soon...