Pntbttr & Leedog
  • 122 posts
  • Page 5 of 9
Vexer wrote:
i don't like the new texture layer. plus it's on top on the bridges, ruining them. If you want the colors to be less pastel then adjust the colors layer. The new color for the region that includes foster city is better.

I have never been a fan of the water. it's similar to the ocean for the europe map. I think it's the lighter parts that bug me. they aren't white but they are too close to white.

i still think the title should be more black.
Leedog wrote:
Butters, like the new ocean texture!!

(and thanks for putting that territory line in by the lake up there at top-right... forgot that when I did outline many moons ago!!)
Vexer wrote:
the title is better.

the water is interesting. It may look better with a little less detail and some custom shading around the edges.

You still have that land texture layer sitting on top of the bridges.
Fendi wrote:
I agree with Vexer about the new texture layer on top of the land. It looks like you have whitish spots here there.
My favorite update so far regarding the land is this one:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6762/sanfrancisco5jpeggrey.jpg

The new ocean is different..very different, not sure yet if its better but I also agree with Vexer that you should have it less detailed.

Paddlin wrote:
This is undoubtedly your best map. I look forward to playing it. If you want me to suggest some capital placements, send me a message.
Vexer wrote:
much better.

walnut creek is misspelled though.

Can anyone else find anything wrong?
Thorpe wrote:
NICE!!!!
My hat's off to you!
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
he's waiting to do the mini map until it's done so that he only has to do it one more time.

I decided to play around with the layer opacities and the colors. I also added a new rough texture layer.

Better or Worse?

http://dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/San%20Francisco%208.jpg

Thorpe wrote:
I like the green one. Easy on the eyes ..plus we have a lot of blue maps.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
but i thought you had a problem with it being so pastel. i adjusted the colors of the regions to make them more bold.

To me the green is gross and hard to look at for a whole game. Plus the water has a unique enough texture that this map does not look like all the rest.
Thorpe wrote:
Read what I said about the whole map being too pastel or was it contrast?

It seems to much of a pastel map...(This might just be me):

Not a real fan of the ocean color and texture combo, the land and the ocean flows together too much. I think you need a little contrast there. Try making the ocean darker. I really do not know.

And again ... this might just be me.

LOL

I think what I liked was the texture on the background the most on the green...is that better? And did I say it looked like all the others ...just another blue map.
But they both look good! Maybe make it darker...just the background.