Centered on China
  • 169 posts
  • Page 9 of 12
Vexer wrote:
I have reviewed pntbttr's capitals and it only took me 43 days to get to (thank thorpe). 2 and 6-8 are fine.

3 player on the other hand had a problem. One of the caps was in a dead end and if that cap moved all it's troops out to the next territory then it would be on a border whereas the other two caps were not on a border.

4 player was simply awful (sorry pntbttr) most of the pathways to the other caps when through the bridge. If you were unlucky enough to own one of the territories the bridge is on you were screwed. Also all the regions were next to each other which is unnecessary on such a large map.

5 player was pretty good but i think i found something better. in fact this may be the go to map for a live 5p caps game.

Here are my updates (you can zoom in):
http://www.dominating12.com/forums/Map_Creation_Forum_Images/South%20Eastern%20Asia%20Capitals.jpg
Thorpe wrote:
Thank-you Thorpe!

But what did I do?
Make a map or two?
hehehe
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Vexer wrote:
This map has now been released to all members except the ones who signed up in the last month. The site's new policy is that new maps aren't given to new players automatically for the first month. They can still purchase the map with tokens if they want or they can wait a month to get it for free.

New players won't see the long term games. They will be able to see and join the live games however they won't be able to create live games on the map unless they purchase it.

The reason for the new policy is so that there are maps where veteran players can play and know that no brand new player is going to join and never come back for their first turn.
Vexer wrote:
We have received additional complaints of the name south eastern asia not fitting the map because it doesn't include all of southeast asia.

Here's the new name we came up with:

China War Theater

what do you think? any other suggestions?

For those of you who don't know, the term Theater is a very common military term for describing an area of the world.
Thorpe wrote:
Tell Striker he can have tickets!
The name is good.
Just be ready for his jokes.
95.5% of the time you kill a players cap before your 2nd turn in... you fail or die next
Matty wrote:
I like South Eastern Asia better, but the other name is fine.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Pntbttr wrote:
two people like the name? I want more people to comment before I change the title on the map...more ideas are welcome too...
Vexer wrote:
there have also been 2 votes against southeastern asia without them having heard china war theater yet.
Thorpe wrote:
When Leedog asked me do this map with him ...I told him to get a map with a better game-play....then china map. I told him that I would not help to do the map and boy am I glad I did not do it!

Game-play is GREAT! Played some 4 player capital games and I will tell you ...what FUN!

Second I believe that this is one of the top looking maps we have so far on this site! Pntbttr you have outdone yourself!

The look of this map is so nice that I could look at it just for the textures and the wall with Fendi's touch and I feel this is a work of art!

My hat is off to you!!!! Can not wait till you outdo yourself on another map!...You have now put your "A" game on.

Thank-you Leedog and Pntbttr for this map! The work was worth it!
Matty wrote:
Though I still think the world classic is the best looking map, I agree on Thorpe - this map is awesome! Of all the games I played on it (3) only two were ruined - but that was the fault of the dice (never my fault of course) and someone that did not understand capital games.

The map is really awesome, 2nd place for sure, and I'll be glad to loose again playing it.
"Strength doesn't lie in numbers, strength doesn't lie in wealth. Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers." ~Maria
Thorpe wrote:
 said "one of the top" ...not the top but....well maybe the top in my "eye"s....lol